Quick Time Line for a 3 tiered cake:
2 weeks ago baked & froze cakes with no problem
12/16 Wednesday Night - removed cakes from freezer and filled & crumb coated all with buttercream.
12/18 Friday - was planning on decorating
12/19 Saturday - day of party
Here's my problem... due to an impending snow storm the event for Saturday has been postponed until Tuesday. UGH!
What do I do with my crumb coated tiers? It will be a total of 6 days between when I intially took them out of the freezer & the delivery day.
Should I just leave them out on the counter until Tuesday. If so, wrapped or unwrapped?
Should I refreeze?
I would appreciate ANY help you all could give. Thank you so much!
I would refreeze the crumb coated cake. I freeze all of the time. At this stage you are all set.
wrap 'em and refreeze. They'll be fine.
Yes, I agree w/the others. Well wrapped they will be just fine.
Thank you all. I'll wrap them up good & tight & freeze them today!