Cream Filling In Cupcake. To Refrigerate Or Not??

Baking By pankake Updated 18 Dec 2009 , 10:19am by Bunsen

pankake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pankake Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 5:38am
post #1 of 3

Hi there, I am making some cupcakes with a cream filling (ganash, whipped cream and baileys) but I am concered about putting the cupcakes in the fridge and I am worried they will dry out.

If I fill them the night before and serve them at 10am is that to long for them not to be in the fridge?

I just am concered because the filling is gorgeous, but the cupcakes should really be served at room temperate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 9:22am
post #2 of 3

afraid i dont know! ganache doesnt need refridgerated, and it may be that mixing that with the cream stabalises it. but i dont know, i might refridgerate anyway, just wrap them well.
xx

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 10:19am
post #3 of 3

I think it would need to go in the fridge, especially at this time of year. Ganache is ok out of the fridge but only because you boil the cream - mixing it with whipped cream effectively means you'd have to treat it like whipped cream.

Are you putting anything on top (buttercream, fondant etc)? That would stop them drying out in the fridge, otherwise wrap well in lots of clingfilm and they should be ok for one night.

BTW they sound delicious so if you ever need a taste-tester in the Sydney area let me know icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%