Oreo Molds

Baking By DeniseRoy Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 11:07pm by korensmommy

DeniseRoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseRoy Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 3:52am
post #1 of 45

I noticed there are new oreo molds at s.p. leaf in the past they have sent me an email with a code for 10% off but this time i didnt get on. Was wondering if anyone one else had it. I want to order a bunch for myself for christmas. TIA

44 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 4:04am
post #2 of 45

HappyHolidays is the code

DeniseRoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseRoy Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 4:12am
post #3 of 45

Thank you!!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 45

The Poinsettia and Snowman molds are adorable

tatorchip Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

The Poinsettia and Snowman molds are adorable

Oh yes they are, I ordered them and can't wait to get them, I am hoping I get them by Tue. so I will have time to make them. I have everything to make them but the molds.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 45

Hey, guys...sorry for "butting in" on your thread, but I wanted to know if any of you have sold these? I have someone who is interested in them, but don't know of anyone else local price point...not sure they are even selling them...

I've only ever given them away, so have no idea on pricing. Any help you can give me would be great...I understand the whole "demographics" rule with pricing, so I can adjust accordingly.

Thanks!
Michelle

tatorchip Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by msauer

Hey, guys...sorry for "butting in" on your thread, but I wanted to know if any of you have sold these? I have someone who is interested in them, but don't know of anyone else local price point...not sure they are even selling them...

I've only ever given them away, so have no idea on pricing. Any help you can give me would be great...I understand the whole "demographics" rule with pricing, so I can adjust accordingly.

Thanks!
Michelle

Sorry, I have no idea, I am only a hobby baker but I was asked to make some for a party at Christmas time but didn't have time and they offered to pay $25 for a dozen, they wanted 4 dozen but I not only didn't have time but I also don't sell so that was out.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 45

Thanks!

toleshed Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 7:53pm
post #9 of 45

I'm out in the boonies so only get $15 for a dz

tatorchip Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 8:17pm
post #10 of 45

I think that the reason they offered $25 was because they were really in need for something on short notice. I think maybe something they had ordered from some one didn't do their order and they needed something

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 8:27pm
post #11 of 45

I sell them. I get $1.75 each, very simply packaged.

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 9:20pm
post #12 of 45

I'm very curious, what are oreo molds? I just googled s.p.leaf, and got a lot of links to plant related things icon_confused.gif I'd love to know what this is. thanks icon_redface.gif

tatorchip Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 9:32pm
post #13 of 45

http://www.spinningleaf.com/

they are fast on delivery and always email me with new items or coupons, the molds are nice also.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:38pm
post #14 of 45

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new molds I ordered! I couldn't resist the new "party" mold. I figured out once that it cost me about 30 cents per oreo to make, and that included cupcake liners (which they fit in perfectly). No way would I get $1.75 per oreo....probably not even $1. I make them mostly to bring to potlucks and for my family. They're highly addictive.

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:45pm
post #15 of 45

try spring2010. I had it sent to me a couple of months ago, don't know if it'll still work for the discount

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 12:15am
post #16 of 45

Ohhhh - I think I just found this year's Mother's Day gift! Every year I make something for my two grandmas, my mom, my MIL and aunt who live in town. I try to make it be something different and this fits it perfectly - 'cept MIL doesn't like chocolate - okay so she won't get any! icon_razz.gif

cs_confections Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 12:22am
post #17 of 45

Oh no! There's so many cute ones!! I don't know what to pick---eeek!

cs_confections Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 12:40am
post #18 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORSELSBYMARK

try spring2010. I had it sent to me a couple of months ago, don't know if it'll still work for the discount

It worked! It's 20% off! Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 10:25am
post #19 of 45

Try them with Fudge - e- o's instead of oreos or chocolate filled oreos - I sell more of these than regular oreos

toleshed Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 10:41am
post #20 of 45

MORSELSBYMARK
is that a mold from spinningleaf?

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 11:38am
post #21 of 45

Toleshed - no, it is a cookie brand - it is fudge filling sandwiched between chocolate cookie. It's the same size and shape as an oreo so can be used in the SL molds. My clients like the taste better than the oreos.

toleshed Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 12:03pm
post #22 of 45

huh - I can't even find them online. Darn

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 8:14pm
post #23 of 45

morselsbymark, do you use the oreo chocolate boxes to pack them in? I find that the ones i make with the molds don't always fit (too big)

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 11:05pm
post #24 of 45

luv2bake - I use a cello bag and ribbon. The bag size I use is 4oz.

toleshed Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 11:36pm
post #25 of 45

Thats what I do also - cupcake paper and then in the bag tied with ribbon. If your muffing paper has a cute design, it looks very pretty thru the bag.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:15am
post #26 of 45

Muffin paper sounds like a cute idea. Does the cello tend to stick to the chocolate? A few years ago i bought a bunch of oreo molds and the chocolate boxes to pack them in. It was extremely disappointing that these did not fit into the spaces in the tray, especially since that was what the box was made for.

Has anyone tried putting an EI on an oreo chocolate? What do you use to attach it to the chocolate?

toleshed Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:27am
post #27 of 45

If you use merckens chocolate it hardens and the cello does not stick. I don't know anything about the EI on an oreo.

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:09pm
post #28 of 45

I have used EI on oreos - I used the plaind mold and put the Montreal Canadiens logo on them. Just cut the EI out, take the backing off, quickly press it on a DAMP piece of paper towel and it will adhere nicely.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:46pm
post #29 of 45

I make three varieties. www.LouisvilleCookie.com

toleshed Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 1:19pm
post #30 of 45

MORSELSBYMARK
by pressing it to the damp towel, is that what makes it stick to the chocolate? I love this

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%