You Know You've Done A Good Job When.............

Decorating By izzy1953 Updated 18 Dec 2009 , 5:30am by alene

izzy1953 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 8

I've made a ton of cakes lately....some i like....some i don't always feel good about. Yesterday I made a red velvet cake for a dance studio christmas party. I iced with a crusting cream cheese icing and of course we all know its just not the same as decorating with buttercream! I fretted over that cake, iced it, went to work.............worried..........went home at lunch scraped all the icing off, re-iced...........baked up a batch of sugar cookies i had in the oven (cut out w/snowflakes cutters).....went back to work..........fretted.........came home and iced the cookies and put them around the side all shiny and sparkly and felt somewhat better. When I delivered the cake to the studio and everyone went...........oooohhhhh.....aaaahhhh...........and gathered around and started taking pictures with their cell phones and sending them to their friends.............Well then I KNEW..................I did a good job!!!! I always like it when I get the check, but I really like it when the cameras start going off!!!! How about you? ps i tried to upload a picture, but all i had was a cell phone picture, because my batteries died in my camera....of course! it was too small to i was gonna make it my avatar, but it was too big for may avatar! i just give up.....sorry you couldn't see it!

7 replies
psmith Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 8

The cell phone cameras! I love it when that happens! The first time I ever had that happen was a cake for a group of middle schoolers. Those kids started flashing pictures and it was like the cake was a star lol! It is a great feeling. I'm glad your cookies were a hit! worried for nothing! icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 8

LOL! icon_lol.gif Yeah, I think we all like when the cell cameras come out! icon_biggrin.gif

2508s42 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 8

...when people don't know it was you who made the cake, and they are huddled around it and someone says..."THAT'S a CAKE????"

Daniellemhv Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 8

well I can see from your photos you have nothing to worry about! your cakes are beautiful! But yes.... my favorite is when people don't realize I made the cake and they're raving about it

JenniferMI Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 8

Congratulations!!! You beam with pride girl, you deserve it!!!
John Q public just doesn't have a clue of ALL that goes into making our creations icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Odyssey Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 5:09am
post #7 of 8

I had a similar experience Tuesday. I spent all day(no work) decorating a cake for my staff meeting and no one even wanted to cut it. They ended up just eating the area with the words not even touching the main decorations. It's a great feeling. Good Job.

alene Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 5:30am
post #8 of 8

I understand about the cream cheese icing. I did the same thing with a couple of mine. I don't want my cakes to leave my hands until I'm satistied with them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%