Indy - Your Method Of Pan Prep??

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 17 Dec 2009 , 7:26pm by Loucinda

Loucinda Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 3

Well, today I ran out of my homemade pan grease, so I thought I would just do what you do. Just grease and go. Not so much.......EVERY cake stuck in the pan. icon_mad.gif I can salvage most of them, but the cab of what is going to be the monster truck (9x5) I don't think I can - it broke into many pieces. So, what did I do wrong? I greased the pans, baked them, let them cool a few minutes (the 9x5 I let cool about 10 min. - the others not so long) Not one of them came out perfectly. I am at a loss as to what the issue was.??? (and I am right now making more pan grease!)

2 replies
JanH Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 3

My understanding of Indydebi's method is to have the cakes out of the pans and onto the cooling racks within 2 minutes of removing the cakes from the ovens. (So no time for the hot layers to cool and adhere to the pans.)

HTH

Loucinda Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Jan - that has to be it. Even 5 minutes was too long. I have a burnt thumb to add to the fiasco today. icon_rolleyes.gif ( I knew after destroying the 9x5 that they had to come out sooner, and I thought 5 minutes would be fine - nope, stuck cake, and burnt thumb.)

Did I say how much I LOVE my homemade pan grease??? icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%