Indy - Your Method Of Pan Prep??

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 17 Dec 2009 , 7:26pm by Loucinda

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 3

Well, today I ran out of my homemade pan grease, so I thought I would just do what you do. Just grease and go. Not so much.......EVERY cake stuck in the pan. icon_mad.gif I can salvage most of them, but the cab of what is going to be the monster truck (9x5) I don't think I can - it broke into many pieces. So, what did I do wrong? I greased the pans, baked them, let them cool a few minutes (the 9x5 I let cool about 10 min. - the others not so long) Not one of them came out perfectly. I am at a loss as to what the issue was.??? (and I am right now making more pan grease!)

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 3

My understanding of Indydebi's method is to have the cakes out of the pans and onto the cooling racks within 2 minutes of removing the cakes from the ovens. (So no time for the hot layers to cool and adhere to the pans.)

HTH

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Jan - that has to be it. Even 5 minutes was too long. I have a burnt thumb to add to the fiasco today. icon_rolleyes.gif ( I knew after destroying the 9x5 that they had to come out sooner, and I thought 5 minutes would be fine - nope, stuck cake, and burnt thumb.)

Did I say how much I LOVE my homemade pan grease??? icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%