Camo With Buttercream

Decorating By tatorchip Updated 18 Dec 2009 , 10:02pm by tatorchip

tatorchip Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 14

My laptop crashed and I lost the tutorial I can't remember who made it but it was awesome. TIA

13 replies
farmersdaughter4 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 14

Do a Search inquiry in Cake Central - type in Camouflage Cake and in forum "How Do I"....I just did it and 46 matches came up - buttercream camo and fondant. You will have to look at the entries and see if you recognize the tutorial.

There was one short subject posted on November 20th (listed below) but I know there are better tutorials:

MamaMayhem

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:47 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I make a camo effect like this one?

http://eatyourcaketoo.net/Cake.....y_Cake.jpg

It looks like buttercream but I don't know, is it hand cut fondant? Can I put balls of different color fondant together and roll it out?

TIA!

tootie0809
Frequent Member

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:59 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did a camo cake like this with buttercream. It's really pretty easy if you use the paper towel method to smooth it. Just pipe the colors in the shape you want and fill it in with BC Then do the next color and shape right next to it. Just basicall color it in as you would if you were drawing and coloring it with crayons. Then after it crusts, just smooth out the lines from piping with the paper towel.

Good luck!

tatorchip Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:35am
post #3 of 14

thank you so much farmersdaughter4 your instructions were exactly like I remember it, I will write it down so I don't forget thanks again

tatorchip Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 4:39am
post #5 of 14

jammjenks, that is it, I had made a comment on that thread, thank you thank you, I love the photos to go with it you did a great job with the tutorial and now I have it again. YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jammjenks Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 14

Glad I could help.

I have to do a spiral carved "road-type" of cake today and I'm going to try to take pictures for another informal tutorial.

Sometimes pictures are just so much easier to follow.

KHalstead Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 14

I did this cake by piping sections (roughly) of the colors next to eachother, then went over it with a paint roller once it crusted....easy as could be!
LL

solascakes Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:20pm
post #8 of 14

I have always wondered how to do this, thanks guys.

juleebug Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:32pm
post #9 of 14

I've made 2 camo cakes. One using the piping method and another using homemade stencils.
LL
LL

tatorchip Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Glad I could help.

I have to do a spiral carved "road-type" of cake today and I'm going to try to take pictures for another informal tutorial.

Sometimes pictures are just so much easier to follow.

jammjenks, TIA for thinking of us and yes I love the picture tutorials, that way when I go to make it, I can just print it off. If you have time, I would appreciate if you would pm me and let me know when you post it. I sometimes miss some threads and I sure don't want to miss that one. TIA

BTW all of these cakes are awesome. Thank all of ya'll for sharing.

Deborah

jammjenks Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 5:19pm
post #11 of 14

I'm working on it now. It has been carved and completely crumb-coated. It may take me a while to get my pics organized and such, but I have been taking pics and will post them when I get a chance.

tatorchip Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 6:23pm
post #12 of 14

Take your time, just so glad you are doing this for us. I already got a Christmas gift (camo tutorial) from you so I can't ask for more lol

tatorchip Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 10:02pm
post #14 of 14

jammjenks, I love it great job and btw the cake is adorable you did a remarkable job on it and the tutorial thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%