Freezing Fondant

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 17 Dec 2009 , 5:15am by bigmama1961

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 4:52am
post #1 of 4

I usually buy satin ice fondant. I always keep wrapped well in ziplock bag or bucket. Well I don't go thru it fast, and it has always kept well.

I made my own from scratch, a receipe from Linda McClure. I stored it the same as always, and I pulled it out (it was about a month old) and it was growing stuff. I also made homemade fondant from Michelle Foster receipe this past week. I don't want it to grow stuff. Can I keep this stuff in the freezer until need to use.

How best to store homemade stuff, or do I just keep using satin ice?

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 5:03am
post #2 of 4

I make marshmallow fondant, and I store it in the freezer, wrapped in plastic wrap and then put in a ziplock bag. If you have a leftover bucket from your Satin Ice, it would be great for freezing your fondant...it will keep fridge flavors out much better than just wrap and a bag would.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 5:11am
post #3 of 4

Coating the fondant with oil or shortening and then wrapping it twice in plastic wrap and stored in a fondant bucket works great for freezer storage. When you need it, get it out the day before and let it thaw naturally. It will keep for well over a year in the freezer.

HTH

Michele

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 5:15am
post #4 of 4

Thank i was wondering if you could freeze it thanks for asking the question

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%