Shops In Texas?

Business By Spuddysmom Updated 17 Dec 2009 , 2:33pm by cakesdivine

Spuddysmom Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 6

My DD and SIL are taking a brief vacation, they plan on stopping at many bakeries, chocolate shops, etc. and I requested they take some photos. Do any of you have shops around San Antonio? They live in Kerrville and are close to "hill country" I think.... I live near Seattle and our "hills" are most folks' mountains. Anyone like some visitors to their shop?

5 replies
cakesdivine Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 6

I wish I had a storefront, only a website as I rent from a commercial kitchen icon_sad.gif But they are welcome to come by our dance studio icon_smile.gif I am in Canyon Lake part of the Texas Hill Country. We are about an hour from Kerville. SA is further south about 45min to an hour from us here in Canyon Lake. I do think there are a few SA and surrounding areas shop owners here on CC.

Spuddysmom Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks!

CakeForte Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 6

cakesdivine - you doing the bridal show at Texas State I might. It's supercheap....and it's my alma mater....just not sure if I'll have the energy or time to prepare since I'll just be getting back from traveling when they have it.

minicuppie Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 6

If they can make it to Austin...there are little ( Air Stream) silver trailers with a huge cupcake (pink with sprinkles) on top at a few choice locations about town. We have stopped at the one on Congress Street a few times. Cuteness personified, and a darn good snack. Kelley M. can probably weigh in on this... the Austin area is her stompin' grounds. The Gunter and Westin hotels (downtown riverwalk area in San Antonio) have great pastries but not much to look at (plain jane storefronts).

cakesdivine Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeForte

cakesdivine - you doing the bridal show at Texas State I might. It's supercheap....and it's my alma mater....just not sure if I'll have the energy or time to prepare since I'll just be getting back from traveling when they have it.

Yes I will be there, the cut off to do it was December 15th. Did you already sign up & pay? I'd love to meet you...Aren't you in Houston though?

I have to get to work on some dummies. All the ones I had in my shop/restaurant got put in storage (big mistake). Critters ate through the boxes to get to the fondant and royal. They are all ruined and I had to put them in the dumpster. Haven't had a need for any until now...so back to the drawing board on making dummies... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%