Cake Lifter Find And Cool Cake Stands

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 5 Jan 2010 , 2:25am by JustToEatCake

JustToEatCake Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 10

I was at Tuesday Morning today and I found a really nice heavy duty cake (pancake?) lifter. This is heavy and not flimsy at all. It cost 13.99 so if anyone has a Tuesday Morning near you they might have it also.

I also saw they had these really really cute cake stands for mini cakes. There are two sizes on is about 14" tall and the other 16" tall. They are light amber in color and made by Towle. They look glass blown sort of line the picture I am posting. I didn't buy one because I don't have anywhere to display it but they really are lovely and I thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested. They will easily hold a 6" cake, nice and tall. The 14" is 17.99 and the 16" is 19.99. The picture below is one I found at Macy's website, remember they are "like" these but actually prettier and lots taller. But these are pretty at Macys and they are on sale too from 40.00 to 19.99 if anyone is interested in them. (I think they'd all look great with a cupcake or two too.
LL
LL

9 replies
chefbarbie0513 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 10

Very nice thanks for sharing

JanH Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 10

Tuesday Morning is certainly worth visiting on a regular basis to troll the best bargains in gourmet cookware, gadgets and high end overstocks. thumbs_up.gif

I loved that store. icon_biggrin.gif

Now that we've moved, the closest one is 216.88 miles away in Bismarck, ND. icon_cry.gif

korkyo Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 10

cool! thanks, I'll be heading there tommrow. I love the small cake vases to display mini cakes.

olivia751 Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:10am
post #5 of 10

Hello,

This is really nice. Thanks for sharing..

Regards,
Olivia

Ruth0304 Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 3:14am
post #6 of 10

aww thanks for sharing, I need a cake lifter bad!

terrig007 Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 3:24am
post #7 of 10

Thank you for sharing this. I"ve never been in one of those stores but I checked and there is one within 7 miles. I'm going to go look for those gadgets & cake stands!
thanks,
terri

Donnagardner Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:03pm
post #8 of 10

Cool!!

greengyrl26 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:18pm
post #9 of 10

Not to hijack this thread, but I was at HomeGoods yesterday. If you live near one...you must go! I think my husband & I bought out the store! We bought 5 cake stands. And to my absolute SHOCK...they had a ton of Fat Daddio pans! The prices were slightly less than I've seen online, but hey...no shipping. That's the first time I've seen those pans anywhere but a specialty cake supply store. We also got some great Valentine's Day cookie cutters & presses.

I know that the merchandise differs for these stores, by location. But I thought it was worth passing on. Maybe someone else will have luck too!

JustToEatCake Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:25am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengyrl26

Not to hijack this thread, but I was at HomeGoods yesterday. If you live near one...you must go! I think my husband & I bought out the store! We bought 5 cake stands. And to my absolute SHOCK...they had a ton of Fat Daddio pans! The prices were slightly less than I've seen online, but hey...no shipping. That's the first time I've seen those pans anywhere but a specialty cake supply store. We also got some great Valentine's Day cookie cutters & presses.

I know that the merchandise differs for these stores, by location. But I thought it was worth passing on. Maybe someone else will have luck too!

Hey thanks, I found there is one in the city I am going to this weekend if it doesn't snow! I'm gonna go if I can!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%