Not Sure What To Do Here Not Exactly Cake Here

Decorating By Ginni Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 3:35pm by FACSlady

Ginni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginni Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 11:30pm
post #61 of 65

Thank you everyone for your advice. I love getting on here because I always learn something new and I knew I could count on all of you to help!!

I actually do not have a license. Where I am, it is ok to not have one as long as I do not show over $600 in profit for one year, I do not have to have a license or pay taxes on the income. Doing that though does not let me use the business as tax breaks either. I know 3 other older women that help me a lot that do the same thing. I want to get a license, but to have one in Louisiana, I have to build a separate building. My parents are building an apartment where our barn is so I may use that. I am also getting married in a year, so I can't afford to rent a place. As for now though, I'm perfectly legal as long as I do not make over $600 a year in profit. That is one reason why I've never actually sat down and figured anything. Because I can not lie and feel okay about it but I can't see how I've ever made over the limit either. That is also why I do not have a business name that I use.

Ginni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginni Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:17pm
post #62 of 65

lol i got asked again yesterday by one of the teachers to make brownies for one of the teachers. i told her that they would be 3 dollars a piece and she changed her mind. this is at the same school!

Musings9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Musings9 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:31pm
post #63 of 65

This is absurd! Always, always be suspcious when someone says, that they'll worry about the price when you drop them off. And itemized receipts...are you kidding. icon_evil.gif

Lorieann55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorieann55 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:39pm
post #64 of 65

Do people think we just GIVE our stuff away? I run into the same reaction when I quote for custom decorated cookies.

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:35pm
post #65 of 65

You can still take the $10.99 as a tax deduction for a charitable donation. At least it's something!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%