Cookie And Cookie Bouquet Competition In Florida

Baking By Joanne1944 Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 4:49pm by mishlove

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 9

The Central Florida Fair Cake Decorating Competition has two categories for Cookies - Decorated Cookies and Cookie Bouquets.

The rules for the Central Florida Fair Cake Decorating Competition are posted on the Fair's website
http://www.centralfloridafair.com/competitions.aspx

Select the Food Arts and Sciences Competition to see a complete set of rules.

There are 3 Adult Divisions - Beginner, Amateur, Professional
In each Division, there are 14 categories. A First, Second and Third place
ribbon is awarded in each Category in each Division.

Categories include: 1.Fair Theme "Lights, Camera, Action", 2. All Buttercream Cake, 3. Wedding Cake 2-3 tiers, 4. Wedding Cake 4 or more tiers, 5. Groom's or Anniversary Cake, 6. Novelty or Shaped Cake, 7. Holiday or Special Occasion Cake, 8. Miscellaneous Cake, 9. Gingerbread House, 10. Miniature Tiered Cake, 11. Decorated Cookies, 12. Decorated Cookie Bouquet, 13. Decorated Cupcakes, 14.
Specimen Flower (gumpaste flower or flower arrangement).

Prizes in each category in each division: 1st - $75, 2nd $50, 3rd $35
Also awarded is a Best In Division for each Division $100. There is also one
overall Best In Show award $150.

Entries are due to the Fair February 20 - 21. There is an on-line entry form
which should be submitted by February 1st. (They are a little flexible about late entry forms, but actual entries must be delivered Feb 20 - 21).

This is a great competition. I have entered for the past 4 years. My daughters, nieces and granddaughters are also entering (Separate competition for Youth).

Pictures of this year's competition are posted in the Gallery under Competitions - Central Florida Cake Decorating Competition.

8 replies
Joanne1944 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 9

Correct website is
www.centralfloridafair.com/competitions.aspx

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 9

It sounds like a wonderful competition! If I lived anywhere near the area, I'd be entering in a heartbeat. Good luck to you and yours. Be sure to let us know how you did.

Joanne1944 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 2:22pm
post #4 of 9

Orlando is right in the middle of the State, so I am hoping this will really turn into a huge event in the next few years as people start hearing about it.

The competition is only open to Florida residents, either full time or seasonal. There are a lot of decorators in Florida, so it should be a great competition.

Joanne1944 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 9

I should have mentioned that there is no charge to enter this competition.

Last year there were quite a few cookie and cookie bouquet entries. If you want to se pictures of some of them, look on this website under Events, Central Florida Cake Decorating Competition.

sugartforyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartforyou Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 9

Great information. So I can be able to enter to the competition even if I don't live in the Central Florida area. I live in Miami. Thanks again for the information

Joanne1944 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 5:39pm
post #7 of 9

Hi Sugarartforyou, yes you can enter. Just be sure to enter on line by February 1st. If you have any trouble with the on-line entry form or accessing the rules, just let me know.

You can enter as many cookie entries and cake entries as you want to. Entries are due to the Fair the weekend of FEb 20 - 21st. I love this competition.

Pictures of some of the entries are on this site under Events, Central Florida Cake Decorating. Next year I will do a better job of taking pictures of all the entries.

I live in Tampa, but this is the best decorating competition I have found in Florida.

Joanne1944 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 9

Just a reminder for anyone want to enter the competition. If you have questions, the website for more info is
www.centralfloridafair.com/competitions.aspx

or you can send an email to debbie @centralfloridafair.com

mishlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mishlove Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:49pm
post #9 of 9

I am tring to find out where I can see the pictures of last years cookies. Can someone help me out?

Thank you so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%