Cake Decorating Competition In Florida

Decorating By Joanne1944 Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 10:44pm by JanH

Joanne1944 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 12:33pm
post #1 of 5

The rules for the Central Florida Fair Cake Decorating Competition are posted on the Fair's website

Select the Food Arts and Sciences Competition to see a complete set of rules.

There are 3 Adult Divisions - Beginner, Amateur, Professional
In each Division, there are 14 categories. A First, Second and Third place
ribbon is awarded in each Category in each Division.

Categories include: 1.Fair Theme "Lights, Camera, Action", 2. All Buttercream Cake, 3. Wedding Cake 2-3 tiers, 4. Wedding Cake 4 or more tiers, 5. Groom's or Anniversary Cake, 6. Novelty or Shaped Cake, 7. Holiday or Special Occasion Cake, 8. Miscellaneous Cake, 9. Gingerbread House, 10. Miniature Tiered Cake, 11. Decorated Cookies, 12. Decorated Cookie Bouquet, 13. Decorated Cupcakes, 14.
Specimen Flower (gumpaste flower or flower arrangement).

Prizes in each category in each division: 1st - $75, 2nd $50, 3rd $35
Also awarded is a Best In Division for each Division $100. There is also one
overall Best In Show award $150.

Entries are due to the Fair February 20 - 21. There is an on-line entry form
which should be submitted by February 1st. (They are a little flexible about late entry forms, but actual entries must be delivered Feb 20 - 21).

This is a great competition. I have entered for the past 4 years. My daughters, nieces and granddaughters are also entering (Separate competition for Youth).

Pictures of this year's competition are posted in the Gallery under Competitions - Central Florida Cake Decorating Competition.

4 replies
Joanne1944 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 5

The website didn't come through. It is

Select Food Arts and Sciences.

ShelleyMJ Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 5

Now you are making me homesick. I was born and raised in Tampa. I sure miss the fair and the Strawberry Festival. Now I'm just sick! icon_sad.gif Good luck everyone!

CakesbyCindi Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 5

I too am getting home sick, was just home in November, but boy do I miss that Fair!! I am originally from Leesburg, Fl. Will have to encourage some cake friends that still live there to enter. Thanks for posting this info!

JanH Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%