Straight Fondant Mold?

Decorating By klever7 Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 2:47pm by MYOM-Dominic

klever7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klever7 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 1:11am
post #1 of 4

Hi - I'm looking for an easier way to roll out tubes (snakes, logs, etc.) of fondant so they are neat and even. I've seen a lot of silicone molds of ropes, pearls and even bamboo! -- but are there any that are just straight? Thanks for your help!
Kristina

3 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 1:33am
post #2 of 4

Use a cookie gun to extrude the ropes or tubes. Or roll the tube against a dowel (pen, pencil, knitting needle) that is the diameter of the finished tube you wish to make. The dowel will help to make the rope consistant.

marzipandoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marzipandoll Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 7:52am
post #3 of 4

Yea those rope and bamboo stick molds are real cool but if you just wanted a quick way to make neat straight lines flat or round, thin and thick even square ones use a clay gun. Most craft stores have those from $10.

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by klever7

Hi - I'm looking for an easier way to roll out tubes (snakes, logs, etc.) of fondant so they are neat and even. I've seen a lot of silicone molds of ropes, pearls and even bamboo! -- but are there any that are just straight? Thanks for your help!
Kristina

If you want to make a tube mold, all you have to do is find an existing tube or rod that is the right length and diameter. This could be anything from PVC pipe to a long hot melt stick or even a wooden dowel. Pack Silicone Plastique in the bottom of a slender container or even a petal former and then press the object you want to duplicate down into the Silicone Plastique. Allow the object to stay in the mold making material until it is completely cured and Viola - you have your own custom made tube mold.

Remember, if you use a wooden dowel, apply Seal-Dit before you place it in the Silicone Plastique.

Dominic icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%