My Little Decorator To Be.. :)

Decorating By twistedsplinters Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 2:03am by twistedsplinters

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 32

My daughter just turned 8 this past wkend and she is obsessed with cake decorating so much she asked us and santa for cake decorating supplies for her birthday and christmas. lolShe even wanted to help decorate her own cake.
She wants to get on here to look at cakes all the time, then she goes and gets her sketch book and draws up ideas for cakes and brings them to me!! She has always loved drawing but the last 2years she has really wanted to decorate.
So whenever we have a family birthday I let her help out and she loves it!
Were getting her a stand mixer "sunbeam" to start her out on lol and santa is going to bring her cake pans!

Ahh my little artist 8year old!! Whenever she makes one with her new stuff and does it all on her own I get to post in the cakes by kids gallery!

Thanks for reading I just wanted to rave about her!

31 replies
Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 32

How sweet! Sounds like the beginning of a career, Mom.....

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 32

thats so great, my daughter is 2 and loves helping me, and we are getting her a wooden stand mixer!

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 32

that is so sweet I can't wait until my baby will like to decorate with me...I think that is so cute..and it is good to teach them everything you never know when they will need it... icon_smile.gif

twistedsplinters Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 12:16am
post #5 of 32

icon_smile.gif I cant wait to take pics of her in there at her mixer adding all the stuff. In her little apron i got for her as well! I will definetly post pics

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 12:41am
post #6 of 32

That's so CUTE!!!! I have four boys and they say they want to help but on occasion when I let them, they are too concerned about what they get to "taste" than how it looks. haha.

My little niece is 7 yrs old though, and when we go to Chicago to visit for Christmas she wants to make a cake with me, so I promised to do one with her. I think maybe she might be easier than the boys? LOL

twistedsplinters Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 1:20am
post #7 of 32

They say girls usually are but i have a younger daughter as well 5 and she could careless about decorating but wants to know if there are any leftovers when im done haha

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 3:23am
post #8 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

when we go to Chicago to visit for Christmas

I just wanted to welcome you to Chicago for Christmas!!! They promise that we're going to have snow on the ground. icon_razz.gif

And, to the OP, I can't wait to see photos of your little girl's work -- tell her we're all waiting!!!

Kitagrl Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 3:25am
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

when we go to Chicago to visit for Christmas

I just wanted to welcome you to Chicago for Christmas!!! They promise that we're going to have snow on the ground. icon_razz.gif

And, to the OP, I can't wait to see photos of your little girl's work -- tell her we're all waiting!!!

Thanks! I am from the midwest and have been to Chicago many times...I love it though! And my kids will LOVE the snow, we get cheated out of it alot of times out here, too near the New Jersey shore in Philly area.

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 3:47am
post #10 of 32

My 4 year old daughter LOves to help w/ cakes as well. I will print off the blank cake sketch from the computer and she will draw me a cake. My 2 year old son is even more obsessed. They know the sound of the mixer coming out of the cupboard and I just wait for the pitter patter as he runs down the hall. I can hear the words before they even come out of his mouth,"Mama - you makin a cake?" I usually make a few extra cupcakes besides the taster cuppie and let them frost & decorate them. They also love to roll fondant. I am going to try an edible PB playdough. They dont like playdough anymore cause its not real cake! I love that we are building memories that will last forever. Even if it does drive me nuts sometimes.

Kitagrl Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 3:48am
post #11 of 32

My kids just want to EAT fondant. A few times I gave them a wad thinking they'd want to play with it. Nope. Just stick it in their mouth.

twistedsplinters Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 3:50am
post #12 of 32

sounds like mine if im done with cakes and there is fondant left their asking!

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:06am
post #13 of 32

looks like a family business to me..make those memories they last forever but dont forget those pics..

obabassa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obabassa Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:33am
post #14 of 32

Yep. Sounds familiar to me too. I have two little helpers. One loves to roll out fondant and insist on having so much powdered sugar it looks like it snow and the other just wants to eat it (even gum paste - yuck).
They love it, except the cleaning up part. lol

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 11:55pm
post #15 of 32

Is not that one of the best part of a hobby? That the whole family can join in and enjoy it together. I have three young kids (oldest 4 !/2) and they all love cake baking and decorating. My oldest (boy) can sit and play with fondant for hours. Yesterday my 4 y/o was drawing a picture. When he was done he explained what he made "A raspberry cake with gum paste flowers and an orange cream." My 20 month old but a piece of lego (duplo) upside down so the holes are facing up, then she put crayons in the holes to make them stick up like candles and told me "cake." My 3 y/o is constantly pretend baking cookies with puzzle pieces (and the puzzle board being the cookie tray). thumbs_up.gif

browniebatterer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
browniebatterer Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 12:14am
post #16 of 32

Ahh! That is super sweet!

twistedsplinters Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 9:09pm
post #17 of 32

She was so excited that i got her a mixer she wanted to make her 1st cake for us to eat after Christmas dinner!

Here she is mixing, baking, and decorating. Her 1st cake is a 100 times better than my 1st cake was!! SO PROUD!

Im fixing to post her cake pic in the cakes by kids album in the gallery but you can access it from my pics leave her lots of comments and i will show her all that she got!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 9:25pm
post #18 of 32

your first cake is very pretty. I was excited to see houw you used the roller to smooth out your cake. GREAT JOB.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 9:48pm
post #19 of 32

That's NOT a decorator in training!! That's a true decorator!!
If she keeps up with it she will be a real shining star in the decorator's world.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 10:11pm
post #20 of 32

That is the sweetest story and her cake is just amazing!!! What a wonderful thing to see a little cake decorator just starting out! She will find joy in it the rest of her life!

motherofgrace Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 10:34pm
post #21 of 32

AESOME!!!!

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 10:52pm
post #22 of 32

I had to chuckle the other night. My 12 yr old son had a friend sleep over, and the friend said "lets bake a cake!" I had BC and rolled BC leftovers that I gave them to decorate with, and they had a ball!

I just chuckled because usually it's the girls who want to bake!

That cake is truly amazing! My mom decorated cakes too, but my first ones still didn't look that good! Heck, some of mine NOW don't look that good! icon_lol.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 12:27am
post #23 of 32

" you can access it from my pics leave her lots of comments and i will show her all that she got!"
Remember to leave your comments under the photo icon_smile.gif

twistedsplinters Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 4:36am
post #24 of 32

Thanks guys I showed her the post on here and the comments on her pic I posted. She was so excited to see them all!

motherofgrace Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:01am
post #25 of 32

well she should be super proud of that cake... MINE dont look like that NOW!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:10am
post #26 of 32

I'm proud to see her using the Melvira roller! thumbs_up.gif That cake is absolutely awesome!!

When my granddaughter was about 4, she got an Easy Bake for Christmas. So I got her some cookie cutters and a red apron, just like her Banna's. When we arrived on Chrstmas Day, she showed me her oven and I said, "You're gonna bake, too? You better not take my cookie business from me!" She laughed and said, "I think I will, Banna! I think I will!" icon_lol.gif

motherofgrace Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:24am
post #27 of 32

lol I love that!!!

I hope my daughter loved it too, shes 2 and we got her a plastic one from walmart, she was confused at first and then when i showed her, she was like "oh HO!!" and put it up beside my mixer!!!

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 8:31am
post #28 of 32

That is just precious.
I do not know if anyone have seen it. My kids did santa on the roof top with his reindeers ( a black santa) with very little help from me, I enter it into the cake christmas contest. I did not plan to enter but it was for them. They gaved it to there grandma who's in the nurse home as a gift. My kids are 1, 3, 5, 7, and 15. The 5 years old is the only girl. I got her a baking set from Bed Bath and Beyound. The boys ( 7 and 15) said where were theirs. I was shock, yes they love to help but they love their xbox games. I just did not think nothing of it. That took me by sursprise.

twistedsplinters Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 3:36pm
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I'm proud to see her using the Melvira roller! thumbs_up.gif That cake is absolutely awesome!!

When my granddaughter was about 4, she got an Easy Bake for Christmas. So I got her some cookie cutters and a red apron, just like her Banna's. When we arrived on Chrstmas Day, she showed me her oven and I said, "You're gonna bake, too? You better not take my cookie business from me!" She laughed and said, "I think I will, Banna! I think I will!" icon_lol.gif

Yeah she made sure she used that roller lol she said it has to look nice and smooth and not have cracks in it lol Ahh thats my girl!

laurs_1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurs_1981 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 12:31am
post #30 of 32

there are some really great sets out there for kids....like easy bake and there's now another little oven sponsored by duff goldman....they even come w/ fondant...great for the young'uns

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%