2" Or 4"

Decorating By Angelfire3 Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 6:02am by prterrell

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 4

Greetings,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question, but I'll ask anyway. I'm making a redskins themed football field 9x13x2 cake for a friends birthday for Thursday. My question is, should I leave it as 9x13x2 or make it a 9x13x4?

I've never made a 1/4 sheet cake before and just wanted to know. So far, I've only made one cake. If you guys suggest I make it 4" high, then I'll make the second cake.

Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

3 replies
niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 4

how many people are you serving?
do you need a tall cake to complete the look?

party sheet cakes are typically only 2" tall. Kitchen cakes/sheet cakes for extra wedding cake servings are typically 4" tall to match the wedding cake.

But it's definitely personal preference if you are just making it for fun.

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for replying. The cake is for a good friend of mines who's throwing our mutual friend/her boyfriend a surprise birthday party. Since no one told her if they were coming, she doesn't know how many is going to be there. So, with having said that, I project about 15-20, but it could be less, it could be more. We don't know.

I think I can do the complete football field w/the redskin logo right in the middle of the field. I was going to pipe burgundy/gold border going around the cake.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 6:02am
post #4 of 4

A single layer will be plenty to feed 15-20 people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%