Egg Question!

Baking By Charmed Updated 17 Dec 2009 , 1:44am by Charmed

Charmed Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 4:40am
post #1 of 5

I made some cookies and recipe calls for egg yolks and by mistake I use whole eggs!! should I redo the cookies? what will happen? will the cookies become tougher?

4 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 5:19am
post #2 of 5

You didn't tell us what cookie you're baking, so here goes.

Don't know if this is right or not. Hopefully you will get a bump with someone more qualified answering the question.

Egg yolks give you fat and flavor.

Egg whites give you height and lift.

The above statements depend on how you use them.

Personally, since the stuff is already made I would bake it all off. You might have created the favorite family cookie.

There are bigger experts in the cookie dept. here than myself, but the only time my cookies became tough was because I over mixed the whole shabang!

prterrell Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:00am
post #3 of 5

Really hard to answer w/o knowing what kind of cookie you are making. Off-hand I cannot think of any kind that calls for just yolks.

TexasSugar Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 5

The spritz cookie recipe I have uses yolks only. I was looking the other night for some different flavors of them and did find some that used whole eggs. So I guess it all depends on the recipe.

I'd bake what you have, and see what happens. You can't take the white out at this point, but I wouldn't throw it all out. You never know you may have improved on the recipe. icon_smile.gif

Charmed Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5

the recipe is for short bread type of cookies. well like you said I will just have to bake them and see what happens!!
thanks thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%