Omg I Just Got The New Jennifer Dontz Floral Arranging Dvd!!

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 7:20pm by Uniqueask

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 111

Hey everyone! Y'all know how excited I get about some new cake gizmo and how I value quality -- well I just got my copy of Jennifer Dontz's "Fabulous Floral Arranging on Cakes" DVD!! icon_lol.gif (You all know her as CC's own JenniferMI!! icon_biggrin.gif ) I have to say, this DVD is exceptional, and I mean REALLY exceptional. thumbs_up.gif Gumpaste and fresh flowers are so insanely popular on cakes these days and there are no end of DVDs on how to make every flower known to man (and then some icon_cool.gif ), but there are NONE on how to arrange them!! Go figure!! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif Well Miz Jen has a background in the floral industry and she uses that knowledge to help us put together some easy and BEAUTIFUL arrangements. Her arrangements are amazing and different like using sugar flowers with and without greenery, arranging fresh flowers on cake, how to hand wire pieces, (I could go on and on! icon_lol.gif ) Honestly, that in and of itself is well worth the price of the DVD, but she throws in some bonus stuff too on making your own sugar vases!! I mean really, how cool is that?? thumbs_up.gif Anyway, I wanted to let y'all know how cool this DVD is and even if you've been doing gumpaste flowers for years, this has tricks to help you improve the style of any arrangement you make. I highly recommend it. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

110 replies
JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 111

That's awesome to hear. After Christmas I want that DVD and the stargazer one from Tonedna. Post pics of your flowers after you do them!

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 111

I'll give you a little hint, if you look in my pix, the gumpaste flowers and the poinsettia were done using Jen's instructions! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 111

Awesome! Thanks for letting us all know about it! Got a link to it? I could use some good information on arranging flowers on cakes and I know Jen is terrific at doing so! thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Awesome! Thanks for letting us all know about it! Got a link to it? I could use some good information on arranging flowers on cakes and I know Jen is terrific at doing so! thumbs_up.gif

Oh, you know what I DO have a link to it!! (Sometimes I'd forget my own head if it wasn't bolted on!) icon_lol.gif

Here you go: http://jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=dvd003

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 111

You know what, take a look at Jen's gallery and you'll see what I mean about the amazing flower arrangements she does (and teaches us how to do in the DVD) icon_biggrin.gif http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-JenniferMI.html

cib Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cib Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 111

Thanks Bob, just ordered my copy. Had forgotten this was coming out. Right-o Jenn's a fab teacher. Have taken several classes with her.

bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 111

I know, she's amazing, isn't she?? (Even if she is a slavedriver!) icon_lol.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 11:22pm
post #9 of 111

I just ordered mine. An early Xmas gift to myself.

I agree that this is so well needed. I make flowers but then totally mess up putting on the cake or even arranging them in a vase.

Can't wait to get it.

icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 12:08am
post #10 of 111

Ok, what's with this "slave driver" thing???? LOL I'm quite sure BWB is joking....but my classes are filled to the BRIM with action. We waste not ONE single minute!!! I'm there to have you pick my brain clean. And, I really am brain dead when we are done icon_smile.gif

All joking aside, I'm THRILLED you liked the DVD BWB!!! Thank you for saying so. This one is done in my brand new kitchen...so much space icon_smile.gif The former florist in me was bursting at the seams to make this!

Thanks again, if you have any questions, just let me know.

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 12:30am
post #11 of 111

You know, it never did make sense to me why every decorator out there with a DVD has them on how to MAKE the flowers, not how to ARRANGE them! I mean, really, was it just assumed in the industry that if you can make them you can arrange them? Well I'm certainly glad someone had the sense to show us WHAT to do with the flowers once we got them made! icon_rolleyes.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 1:21am
post #12 of 111

Just placed my order! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 1:27am
post #13 of 111

You won't be disappointed!! icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 2:40am
post #14 of 111

Hi Jen! Just ordered my copy and looking forward to receiving it! So glad you made a DVD on this subject!! thumbs_up.gif

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 6:28pm
post #15 of 111

I would love to get Jen's new DVD!! How can I purchase it? I love her work and I know her work is outstanding!!! Does she have a web site?

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:25pm
post #16 of 111

bob- that was my thinking exactly!! icon_confused.gif

As an instructor for years, I gleaned every tiny scrap (literally) from all the Wilton books I could find....then eventually took a flower arranging class. I put all the hints and suggestions I could into a hand-out that I gave my students.

I often told my students that if they were serious about getting into the cake decorating business to take a flower arranging class! It not only helps with your icing flower arrangements, but it's great for when you have to put fresh flowers on a wedding cake! thumbs_up.gif

kudos to Jen for this DVD!!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:29pm
post #17 of 111

Jennifer's website is called Sugar Delites.

JenniferMI Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:32pm
post #18 of 111

Thanks guys!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:49pm
post #19 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarylmk

I would love to get Jen's new DVD!! How can I purchase it? I love her work and I know her work is outstanding!!! Does she have a web site?

Right here: http://jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=dvd003

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 9:26pm
post #20 of 111

Just ordered my copy, it would have been on my Santa list if I had known about it. Thanx for letting us know. I've taken a couple of flower arranging classes but it's been years, this is just what I need icon_biggrin.gif

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 11:56pm
post #21 of 111

OK! I am so excited!!! Today I recieved my copy of the DVD and it is awesome!! Loved it! Now I know alot more than I did about arranging flowers on a cake. Jen's DVD is a must have tool!! I loved the detail given as to how and where to place the flowers. I really loved the sugar vase and the photos of different floral arrangements at the end. It is definetly inspiring!

JenniferMI Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 1:59am
post #22 of 111

Hi DC -

I could not be happier that you like the new DVD!!! Thanks for letting me know!!!

You made my day icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:03am
post #23 of 111

I'm eagerly waiting for mine. icon_cry.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:09am
post #24 of 111

I will be ordering after Christmas too!

JenniferMI Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:09am
post #25 of 111

Hopefully it will get there soon nannie, let me know if it doesn't arrive in a timely manner k?

Jen icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:11am
post #26 of 111

Hi, Tiggy2

I'd like to introduce your puppy to mine What a little cutie.
icon_lol.gif

nannie Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:14am
post #27 of 111

Jen,

According to that nifty tracking system, it's getting closer icon_lol.gif

I should have it tomorrow.

JenniferMI Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:18am
post #28 of 111

Tomorrow is Christmas nannie!!! icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 3:22am
post #29 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

Hi, Tiggy2

I'd like to introduce your puppy to mine What a little cutie.
icon_lol.gif

Thanks, your puppy is adorable! Mine is a little rescue dog and he is my shadow.

nannie Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 3:32am
post #30 of 111

Is there a little poodle in there?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%