My Wrists Want To Die!

Baking By verono Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 3:04am by verono

verono Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 17

I have a HUGEEEEEEEE order going on right now..
50 large cactus
100 mini cactus
50 sun
300 half-slices of lime
50 logo

I have to make 50 cookie box with them.. I'm exhausted... icon_cry.gif I will need to work so late tonight and tomorrow.. they are for wednesday morning 9am. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm so pleased that my sister will do the ribbons! And my mom is babysitting my 2 kids at her home.. icon_cool.gif And yesterday, I went to bed at 1am, up at 6:30 this morning.. icon_confused.gif
But I love cookies icon_lol.gif

16 replies
SweetDreamsAT Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 17

Now that sounds like the life of a cookie decorator!!! icon_lol.gif I wish you luck and lots of rest when you're done!

antonia74 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 17

I lived that life for years too...to bed at 2am and up at dawn.

Just remember, you'll soon be done, you'll enjoy that money, you can have a drink and then go to bed! (Just be careful with your wrists and stretch them every few minutes, you don't want to get carpal tunnel syndrome.) thumbsdown.gif :

Bonne chance! icon_cool.gif J'aime vos biscuits, ils sont si jolis!

aundrea Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 17

good luck- your cookies are awesome!! you do a fantastic job.

verono Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 12:40am
post #5 of 17

Thanks everyone!

I'll take a break for a few minutes.. the outlining of the lime slices killed me! The top of my hand is hurting even if I took a lots of break..!
But this order is getting me more money than what I was making in at least 2 weeks when I was working out of my home!!!

Wednesday night I'll be in my bed at 8pm, just like the kids! lol

Elise87 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 1:00am
post #6 of 17

Does anyone get a sore back doing cookies?

motherofgrace Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 1:22am
post #7 of 17

very, sore... but my shoulder hurts the most, from the outlining

verono Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 1:28am
post #8 of 17

Right now, everything is hurting.. even my eyes..lol
But from the back , it's the middle of it that's hurt.

motherofgrace Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 1:34am
post #9 of 17

yep, know all about that!

Elise87 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 1:43am
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by verono

Right now, everything is hurting.. even my eyes..lol
But from the back , it's the middle of it that's hurt.

I can imagine it hurts all over lol That is ALOT of cookies!!!!

I get sore back only doing a 2 dozen cookies (they take awhile) cose i tend to hunch over alot and get a sore lower back and yeh sore shoulders too.

I'm lucky I don't get sore wrists when piping but that's cose i only do max 24 at a time no like the amount you guys do!!!! If i did that many i would be falling apart lol However excessively typing posts on CC makes my hand and wrists hurt though lol

neecerator Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 2:02am
post #11 of 17

I've recently been working pt at a Bakery. Two days before Thanksgiving was extremely busy. I frosted and placed nuts on 276 cakes!!! I've never worked in a Bakery before this recent job there. Needless to say I had to wear support gloves (Wilton) every day and night for a week after that. Now, I wear them almost everytime I'm using my decorating and/or piping skills. The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be! icon_cry.gif

verono Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 3:19am
post #12 of 17

Elise, I must say your sleighride is AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll maybe try to do it to put the Santa Claus cookies in it... If I have time.. lol

i'm taking a break with some heat on my hamd.. this is great..
I'm working very hard since it's my first year as a business (I'm 25, so I have LOTS of years in front of me icon_biggrin.gif )

Elise87 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 3:50am
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by verono

Elise, I must say your sleighride is AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll maybe try to do it to put the Santa Claus cookies in it... If I have time.. lol

i'm taking a break with some heat on my hamd.. this is great..
I'm working very hard since it's my first year as a business (I'm 25, so I have LOTS of years in front of me icon_biggrin.gif )

thanks! I did feel the sleigh was a bit lonely sitting by itself though but santa and a few bits and pieces made it a nice centre piece...i don't have the energy for a xmas house this year lol But i am going to fill it with some lollies and stuff closer to christmas

And i know what you mean about your hand because like i said before i was typing too much on CC a little while ago (still am lol) and i gave myself repeative stress on my right wrist and hand and it ached SO MUCH!! and it went on like that for a week and i was trying to make stuff while it ached and it wasn't fun so i totally know how you feel in a way

BTW yay someone close to my age i'm 22, very cool you have a business already icon_smile.gif Do you just do decorated cookies or other stuff? I was thinking about selling some of my cookies but decided i prob couldn't handle the stress of it all lol

Jeep_girl816 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 3:53am
post #14 of 17

Wow, That's a whole lot of cookies! You need some wrist yoga or something!icon_smile.gif I just got a french rolling pin and it works beautifully on my fondant but my wrists hate me for it!

verono Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 4:15pm
post #15 of 17

Next time, reminder me to NOT accept an order like this...If I do, I'll ask somebody to work with me... it's just INSANE !!
I want to go in my bed and sleep in the foetal position for the day!

bonniebakes Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:05pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Does anyone get a sore back doing cookies?

constantly!

verono Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 3:04am
post #17 of 17

Cookies are DONE!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
I'm still waiting for a few ones to be dry so I could complete the packaging.. I feel much more relief right now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%