Wish Upon A Hero - Grant Some Wishes!

Lounge By CakeDiosa Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 12:50pm by Jocelijne

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 7:58am
post #1 of 2

I just stumbled across this website while trolling craigslist's "wanted" section for a deserving family to help with a free cake. It's something I do often since I don't get hits from Free Cakes For Kids but realllllyyy love to help people. I have done two free cakes from finding truly deserving families this way.

Anyhoot - I was lead to the website www.wishuponahero.com and did a search for people requesting cake as their wish. There are TONS with some pretty moving and amazing stories. You can search your area to see if there is a cake wish you can grant in your area. From the little I read people aren't asking for much and, of course, you'll dictate what you can or can't do.

I bummed there are none in my area but lots in Florida and states in the east.

Calling on all my Cake Central heroes!!! I know a lot of us were bummed that we weren't getting requests from Free Cakes for Kids so here is another avenue through which to help people. Great for practice cakes or just plain paying it forward. I hope, hope, hope to find one in my area soon!

Thanks for reading this, Heroes! Happy caking to all and to all a goodnight!

1 reply
Jocelijne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocelijne Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 2

Do they have something like this in the UK too? I would love to make some pretties cakes for children to put a nice big smile one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%