Cupcake Store

Business By Scrumptious Creations Updated 15 Dec 2009 , 12:54am by LaBellaFlor

Scrumptious Creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scrumptious Creations Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:41am
post #1 of 5

Interested in opening a cupcake shop. Any one have any ideas how many ovens, mixers, or refrigerators I'd need to run an operation like Sprinkles? Purely cupcakes. Also square footage needed? Trying to get ideas and input so I can do a business plan. thanks

4 replies
revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:54am
post #2 of 5

I found this Not sure if it will help. Has anyone resd this book?
http://www.upwithcupcakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=20&products_id=38

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 6:06am
post #3 of 5

Some of my friends have a successful cupcake shop and it is the tiniest place you have ever seen! I think it's about the size of my mom's home kitchen...which is about 150 sq feet.

I'm sure they probably wish they had a larger space...but it works and they're doing pretty well for only being open a year.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 12:25am
post #4 of 5

Just be aware of what's involved. Here's a recent article, the second page details one woman's costs. You have to have a good location and be priced high enough to pay the bills. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/26/business/smallbusiness/26cupcake.html

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 12:54am
post #5 of 5

No one can answer this question for you as well as you can by doing some real research. What type of income are you trying to generate? What are supplies and overhead going to cost? How many cupcakes do you need to sell to make over head plus a profit? Once you figure that out, you can figure out how much equipment you need in order to produce enough product to cover ALL your expenses, including salary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%