I Need Help With Marbled Fondant

Decorating By austyn1028 Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 9:36pm by TexasSugar

austyn1028 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:18am
post #1 of 6

i am puttin a heart shaped cake that s going to be 3 or 4 tiers and i wud like to use marble fondant i need a brown with white mix marble and a pink and red with white in it does anyone know if this is possible and if so how do i do it or buy it where i am new with fondant thanks for the help

5 replies
Bel_Anne Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:57am
post #3 of 6

Marbling fondant... I've become a master at this... haha

Most people just do the 'platting' two different colours and kneading (like in the link). But I've found for a really bold marble... Just put the two colours next to each other in big balls and stretch, twist and knead roughly. If you want to add a third colour.. you can even add gel paste straight to the mixture just make sure you don't mix it all the way through, and put 'blobs' of colour in different areas.. not all in the same spot. Once you roll it out it will be a really bold contrasting marble.. instead of a subtle one. Just practice with smaller bits of fondant until you get it right. The key is... LESS IS MORE. Otherwise the platting thing does work icon_wink.gif

Good luck... icon_smile.gif

crazydoglady Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel_Anne

Marbling fondant... I've become a master at this... haha

Most people just do the 'platting' two different colours and kneading (like in the link). But I've found for a really bold marble... Just put the two colours next to each other in big balls and stretch, twist and knead roughly. If you want to add a third colour.. you can even add gel paste straight to the mixture just make sure you don't mix it all the way through, and put 'blobs' of colour in different areas.. not all in the same spot. Once you roll it out it will be a really bold contrasting marble.. instead of a subtle one. Just practice with smaller bits of fondant until you get it right. The key is... LESS IS MORE. Otherwise the platting thing does work icon_wink.gif

Good luck... icon_smile.gif

by "less is more" do you mean less time kneading?

i like the bold marble look but find that colors blend together very quickly and i can't quite get the contrast as sharp as i want it.

Bel_Anne Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 6

Yep. Knead less. I think the trick is actually in how you knead. Don't do it like you're kneading bread dough. Stretch it out... twist it.... and only knead a little. It doesn't take long to get it marbled... I've been figuring this out for ages cause I love marbled fondant. Haha

TexasSugar Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 6

The fondant will keep marbling as you roll it out. So you really want to stop mixing it before it is the marbling you want. I usually blend until the colors mix but I still have big chunks of seperate colors in there.

If you blend too much before you roll it out, your colors will get muddled or you won't get a big marble effect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%