How Do You Clean And Store Roller? Melvira Method

Decorating By caseyhayes Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 4:44pm by HarleyDee

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 4:42am
post #1 of 6

I have fell in love with the melvira method but I want to clean and store the roller properly. What ways do you insure that it is clean and dust free for every cake. Thank you for your response!

5 replies
cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:05am
post #2 of 6

I too would like to know the answer. I haven't tried it yet, but would like to.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:07am
post #3 of 6

Well, since it's a foam paint roller it's not super delicate so I just hand wash in soapy water, rinse thoroughly and air dry. Store in a zip lock (on its end) in an recycled Pringles can.

HTH

Edited for clarity.

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you JanH! My DH come in the kitchen the other day and asked how I would clean and store it and the more I thought about it the more paranoid I got! I just needed some backupicon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 6

The only thing is, when you put dish soap on it, mix the soap and water in your hand and then put it on the roller...I squirted soap on the roller when I first got it and it seemed like it took half an hour to get all the soap out.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

The only thing is, when you put dish soap on it, mix the soap and water in your hand and then put it on the roller...I squirted soap on the roller when I first got it and it seemed like it took half an hour to get all the soap out.

Yip! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%