I Want Your Ideas And Opinions About Giving Cake Classes

Decorating By krissycupcakes Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 8:38am by CakeDiosa

krissycupcakes Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 4

ok so i brought a cupcake tower to my friends house warming and they are big fans of my cakes!!!!! all the girls at the party were talking and i guess i said it maybe it was someone else but all the sudden we were talking about getting together at this girls house and me showing them how to cake!!! kinda like a caking party!!!!! so i was thinking yes i am a employeed cake decorator no i dont own a bussiness of my own but would i be able to get a group of girls together at her house just bring a bunch of 7inch cakes and some bc and fondant and show them simple designs and ways to do things and charge a small fee this would mostly be for fun but might earn me a couple of bucks! what do you think .... advice opinions ill take anything you got!!

3 replies
Adevag Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 4

Seems like it could be a fun cake party. If it is informal with your friends, maybe they could bring their own cake. That way they get the flavor they want and it is less work for you. icon_wink.gif

cylstrial Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:45am
post #3 of 4

Definitely go for it! Why not?

But as Adevag suggested, I would definitely have them bring their own cake and their own frosting. Because one of two things will happen if you make it for them. 1. Making the cakes and frosting is just going to drive up the cost of the class or 2. you're not going to get paid enough for what you're doing.

CakeDiosa Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:38am
post #4 of 4

Excellent point about driving up cost! Have them make and bring them that way you can answer any baking, prepping questions they may find they have.

Not a bad idea.... hmmmm.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%