Lime Green Fondant

Decorating By autigger57 Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 8:46pm by pupandbon

autigger57 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 14

I am looking to make lime green fondant.....what colors would you mix together? Leaf green and yellow maybe???

13 replies
FlourPots Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 14

Definitely...I used Wilton's leaf green and lemon yellow for lime colored buttons.

kjt Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 14

Yep-make sure it's lemon yellow. You won't get the same result with buttercup yellow icon_smile.gif .

ksmith1012 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 14

If you have access to it, Americolor's Electric Green is what I use. It's awesome.

ibmoser Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:01am
post #5 of 14

Ditto on the Americolor Electric Green. If you use Wilton, start with the yellow and add tiny bits of green slowly.

cylstrial Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 14

Double Ditto on Americolor's Electric Green!

cas17 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 14

just did a lime green cake and i used americolor's electric green--it's great!

pupandbon Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 14

in a pinch, you can also use the neon gel colors that are with the cake decorating stuff at walmart, think they might be betty crocker brand. it is a perfect lime green, depending on how much you are making, you may need more than one tube and it comes with 4 different colors, the other colors are great, too!

autigger57 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 14

Thanks all. I have recently found a new cake deorating supply store in my area and I think they carry the Americolors so I will check there for the electric green! Otherwise, I am stuck with wilton colors since that is all Michaels carries...icon_sad.gif

pupandbon Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:58pm
post #10 of 14

here is a picture of the lime green (top layer) made with the betty crocker neon gel coloring, when i said earlier, it was with the cake decorating stuff at walmart, i meant the aisle where the baking products are, not in the wilton stuff

autigger57 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 7:22pm
post #11 of 14

Cool. Did you feel you had to use a lot of it to get to that color?

ApplegumKitchen Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 7:46pm
post #12 of 14

I would have only had to use couple of drops of Americolor Electric Green to achieve that colour

Do you guys over there not buy things online?

Nearly 80% of my cake stuff is purchased ONLINE & normally internationally.
Not cake ingredients, fondant etc - but colours equipment etc.

Never had a problem - and it sure extends your repertoire!

autigger57 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:02pm
post #13 of 14

I have never bought anything online. I have items booked mark that I want but i usually have to figure out the money situation lol. Cake decorating is just a hobby of mine and the funds are low. I dont normally buy things in advance enough because i think of other things I need to buy. So anywho, I am usually scrambling at the last minute trying to figure things out. The fact that have found this bakery/supply store about a block from my house is a godsend! However, I have never used any colors other than wilton.

pupandbon Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:46pm
post #14 of 14
Originally Posted by autigger57

Cool. Did you feel you had to use a lot of it to get to that color?

i only tinted what i needed for that layer (not much) and used about 1/2 tube of the gel, it didn't change the taste/texture at all though - good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%