Searching For Topic...does Anyone Remember...

Decorating By Kellbella Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 6:26pm by indydebi

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 4

I remember a post from someone who gave instructions on how to provide an access to a ribbon on the base of wedding cakes so when the couple goes to cut the cake, they just removed a pc of the ribbon and cut their piece without having to remove the entire band of ribbon. Does anyone remember this??? I wanted to try using that method for a wedding cake due soon and can't remeber how she did it! Any help would be appreciated!! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, I remember that. I think she just cut out a few inches of the ribbon and then "glued" it back together with buttercream or royal icing. Just give instructions to the bride/groom or the person in charge at the venue so they'll know to remove that small section when they go to cut the cake.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 4

Oh thank-you, thank-you !!!! That sounds about right icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 4

Hmmm. My couples just peel the ribbon back a few inches in the back when they do their cut. It doesn't show up in their pics. Not a big deal, really. I'm usually at the wedding, helping the couple with their first cut and it's seriously not an big issue. The ribbon isn't concreted onto the cake. I personally, wouldn't put a chopped up ribbon the cake just for easy peel away ... the ribbon is already easy peel away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%