Searching For Topic...does Anyone Remember...

Decorating By Kellbella Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 6:26pm by indydebi

Kellbella Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 4

I remember a post from someone who gave instructions on how to provide an access to a ribbon on the base of wedding cakes so when the couple goes to cut the cake, they just removed a pc of the ribbon and cut their piece without having to remove the entire band of ribbon. Does anyone remember this??? I wanted to try using that method for a wedding cake due soon and can't remeber how she did it! Any help would be appreciated!! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
Deb_ Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, I remember that. I think she just cut out a few inches of the ribbon and then "glued" it back together with buttercream or royal icing. Just give instructions to the bride/groom or the person in charge at the venue so they'll know to remove that small section when they go to cut the cake.

Kellbella Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 4

Oh thank-you, thank-you !!!! That sounds about right icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 4

Hmmm. My couples just peel the ribbon back a few inches in the back when they do their cut. It doesn't show up in their pics. Not a big deal, really. I'm usually at the wedding, helping the couple with their first cut and it's seriously not an big issue. The ribbon isn't concreted onto the cake. I personally, wouldn't put a chopped up ribbon the cake just for easy peel away ... the ribbon is already easy peel away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%