Dang It!!!!

Baking By mom2twogrlz Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 5:45pm by luv2bake6

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 6:31am
post #1 of 11

Just have to vent.....

My daughter's kindergarten teacher asked me to make pain sugar cookies, in two different shapes for them to decorate at their Christmas party. They need 22 of each, so each kid has two to decorate. No problem right, easy!! Well, it was, until I decided to make 24 of each, leaving a little wiggle room for breakage. There was breakage alright...by me!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I broke 3 gingerbread men, forcing me to make 3 new ones. Well, now I am 3 short on Christmas trees........UUUGGGG!!!!!! Seriously, I have to make a whole new batch of NFSC for 3 cookies!!!!!! Since it is already 10:30 and my husband is eyeing me for some alone time I guess it will have to wait til tomorrow.

The things we do for our kids!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

10 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 6:58am
post #2 of 11

awwww sorry this is happening to you. i can relate, i just had to re-bake 3 cakes tonight because i had a sink hole in one of my cakes. which of course never happened to me before, but because im pressed for time...
so i thought i would get this cake done early tonight so i could sleep for awhile. but NOPE ill be pulling an all nighter again!
atleast you will have extra dough for future projects??? trying to think positive for you icon_lol.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 7:33am
post #3 of 11

And just to add insult to injury two kids will be out sick that day, but only if you make them. If you don't they will all be well and in attendence. Maybe buy 3 from the local bakery or use refridge dough, they won't know.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 11

Sounds like what happened to me last year when i made grad cookies for my kid's kindergarten graduation. I made a cap with everyone's name on them and then the tassels all broke DURING PACKAGING......i was almost there!! That night, I had to make new batches of cookies but i cut off the tassels so i wouldnt have that problem again. Then i had to use fondant cuz there wasn't any time for RI to dry. What an ordeal.

.........and mom2twogrlz, my husband is eyeing me right now for alone time while i'm typing this........LOL

mustang1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustang1964 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 11

I did that with some cookies a few months ago so I bought some refrigerator dough. Guess what, the kids that got the refrigerator dough went home and told their parents they were the best cookies they ever ate. I never told anyone any different but the refrigerator dough sure won out over NFSC. icon_biggrin.gif

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 1:39am
post #6 of 11

Well, tonight I dropped a whole tray of stacked undecorated cookies in the driveway -- so the neighbor's giant Newfie who was outside had himself a treat.

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 1:59am
post #7 of 11

The good news is hubby is willing to take your mind off the cookies for a while! LOL!! icon_lol.gif

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:15am
post #8 of 11

cindy58, your story brought a chuckle as I remembered a disaster turned fond memory. Back in my single days, I baked a big fancy birthday cake for the guys in the next door apartment. I balanced it carefully across the driveway and yup, dropped it! I didn't want to cry, (that's a lie, I wanted to bawl), but rang the doorbell and invited them all out with forks and we ate if off the pavement, lit candles and all. (Naturally, we ate only the part that didn't come in contact with the ground). I think that was just about the most fun birthday I ever attended.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:26am
post #9 of 11

milkmaid-that is a cute story! im getting a visual and it must have been a blast.

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 3:06pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42

cindy58, your story brought a chuckle as I remembered a disaster turned fond memory. Back in my single days, I baked a big fancy birthday cake for the guys in the next door apartment. I balanced it carefully across the driveway and yup, dropped it! I didn't want to cry, (that's a lie, I wanted to bawl), but rang the doorbell and invited them all out with forks and we ate if off the pavement, lit candles and all. (Naturally, we ate only the part that didn't come in contact with the ground). I think that was just about the most fun birthday I ever attended.

That does sound like an memorable party!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:45pm
post #11 of 11

Wish i could've been there! Sounds like so much fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%