Trans Fat Free Rich's Bettercreme?

Decorating By Adevag Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 3:15pm by Adevag

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 3:53am
post #1 of 3

I have read many threads recommending Rich's bettercreme for cake fillings. I don't ever use products containing trans fats, but I just came across an article about a trans fat free bettercreme. Rich's Perfect Finish Bettercreme. Has anyone used it? Is it worth looking into? I would love some variations on fillings. Also, I read you can't use them under fondant, but how about just as filling with a dam?

2 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:05am
post #2 of 3

I don't know anything about the new product you are asking about. But...I use the regular Rich's Bettercreme all of the time as a filling with a dam and it is great. I buy it in the large carton and divide into smaller containers and freeze in the liquid form and then unthaw (it doesn't freeze solid) and whip it up as I need it.

I have added dry instant pudding, regular butter cream, flavorings, chopped and drained fruit, preserves, and pretty much whatever you can think of. It also comes in chocolate which is very good also.

I have iced a cake with it (no fondant or decorations) and it held up great.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you. Yes, it sounds great. Where do you purchase your product? I would love to find it in a store and skip shipping costs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%