Looking For A Great

Baking By swritik Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 5:05am by aundrea

swritik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swritik Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:01am
post #1 of 6

cake recipe, something like with rum or something in that sense lol, something that is moist .
I would like it from scratch.

I already have great vanilla, red velvet, choc, what other cake recipes do i need to add to my collection.

Thanx

5 replies
cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:18am
post #2 of 6

I have a great recipe for an orange cake that is super moist, ... YUM! It calls for an orange juice syrup, and no alcohol. It just depends on what you are looking for. I will go find it.

swritik Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:36am
post #3 of 6

i love orange cake , please i would really appreciate it.

cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:50am
post #4 of 6

Alright, I found it! This is not my recipe, it is one I found out of a magazine several years ago and loved it. It is now one of my favorites.

Ingredients:
2 Sticks butter, softened
2 2/3 C. sugar
2/3 C. oil
1 T. baking powder
1 T. orange peel
2 t. vanilla
1 t. salt -----

5 eggs plus yolks of 4 (I usually just put 7 whole eggs in, unless I have something to do with the whites)
3 1/4 C. flour (not self rising)
1 C. buttermilk

Orange Syrup:
1 C. orange juice (preferable fresh if available)
1/4 C. sugar

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 3 - 9" round pans and line with wax paper (do not skip the wax paper part, very important and helpful!) In large bowl mix on medium speed first 7 ingredients (up to the ----) 4 minutes or until fluffy. Increase speed to high, beat in eggs 1 at a time. On low speed, beat in 1/2 the flour, buttermilk, then remaining flour until blended. Divide between pans. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool about 20 minutes.

Make syrup. Stir juice and sugar until dissolved. Poke holes in cakes (I use a fork) and spoon on syrup. Cool completely in pans.
To frost, invert layers and remove paper.
This goes great with a lemon curd mixed with whipped cream icing! Enjoy!

swritik Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:43am
post #5 of 6

thank you!!!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 5:05am
post #6 of 6

this cake sounds amazing. i think i will try it also. thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%