Missing A Cookie Designer

Baking By all4cake Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 3:02am by all4cake

all4cake Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 10

I am in awe of all you avid cookie makers! I looked through TracyLH's and pebble's and kneadacookie's (thanks to flickr!) as well as other long-timers on CC. There's one that I can't find and I don't recall the screen name ...although, after looking at the avatar I'm beginning to think it may have been fancynancy....

This cookie designer made some that were highly detailed scenes...like one that was like a wall with a shelf, on the shelf was a resting cat, a teapot....below the shelf hung a sweater and a garden hat. She'd created some garden themed ones as well.

Do you know who this could be and where I could find her work? I've sent my mother various images from different cookie designers and I can not find her's ...nor the designer that often would use EIs on the cookies....various dog breeds, old Christmas card images...painted the frames gold...

Thanks for any light you could shed on this...

9 replies
chilz822 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:53am
post #2 of 10

I bet they were Nancy's Fancy's, but I just checked and her flickr stream is gone
icon_sad.gif
She's beyond amazing

all4cake Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 10

Seems the only evidence she's left behind is her avatar and the memory of her designs icon_sad.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 10

Melvira is friends with her, you might PM her. Nancy has a flickr photostream you can look at as well (I'll see if I can find it.)

bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 10

Well I found it but it appears she took it down. Figures! http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancydidion/

I can't find her website address either -- but that had been in limbo for quite some time anyway so it wouldn't have done any good. Sorry!

all4cake Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 10

I found where it once was on flickr and googled and yahooed and then came for help from the CCCC (Cake Central Cookie Clique)

I'll try getting ahold of Melvira....

Thanks!

luv2bake6 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 10

Please let us know when you get your answer, k?

cocobaby Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 11:46pm
post #8 of 10

I don't know if this is who you are looking for but Fairytale had some breathtaking cookies - her garden collection. You might take a look at her gallery since the pics are back up.
Wanda

GeminiRJ Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:12am
post #9 of 10

Nancy's Fancy's are the Cadillacs of cookies! I remember Melvira mentioning in a previous thread something about her stepping back from decorating.... She's an unbelievably talented person, and I'll certainly miss seeing her work.

all4cake Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 3:02am
post #10 of 10

cocobaby! it was fairytale's cookie that I had in mind..but I thought it http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1228338 was all in icing

Thank you all! I remember, and I knoooooooooow I can't be altogether wrong, (and omw, after seeing...crap! I forgot who's it was I was looking at! had a lot of plaid and patchwork going on) that there is one who did a lot of detailed work in icing...maybe I combined the fairytale's work with Nancy's Fancy Cookies ( I do do that often)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%