Can My Mat Be Fixed?

Decorating By karateka Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 2:33am by cylstrial

karateka Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 7

I (like a moron) managed to cut my blue silicon fondant mat. It's driving me fruit bat crazy.

Is there any way to fix it? Maybe some kind of silicon sealant or .......well, other something??

I'd rather try to fix it than buy another one to the tune of $40 plus shipping.

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 7

I cut mine too. I put tape on the back and just roll right over it. Sometimes it leaves a small impression -but it's not bad at all. I can usually smooth it out with the fondant smoothers.

If someone else has a better idea - I'd love to know as well.

Rylan Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 9:07am
post #3 of 7

Me too. I accidentaly cut mines--I guess my pizza cutter was too sharp. I hope someone can all help us.

cblupe Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 9:57am
post #4 of 7

Good question ~ maybe someone will have a solution.

tigerhawk83 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:54am
post #5 of 7

I fixed one of mine with a little silicone sealer - like you use around windows or bathtubs. I used it on the back side of the mat, sealed up the cut and let it dry really well - then I tried to scrape off all the extra nubbies once it was dry with a little knife. Seems to be working OK.

karateka Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 1:43am
post #6 of 7

Awesome, just what I am looking for! Thanks!

cylstrial Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:33am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhawk83

I fixed one of mine with a little silicone sealer - like you use around windows or bathtubs. I used it on the back side of the mat, sealed up the cut and let it dry really well - then I tried to scrape off all the extra nubbies once it was dry with a little knife. Seems to be working OK.

That is great! Thanks for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%