How Long Can I Freeze?

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 4:02am by Tiffany29

Rachie204 Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 6

On top of Christmas I have two cakes to do, one for my Dad on the 29th and one for DD on the 2nd.

I know I am going to be super busy, especially since this is my Daughters first birthday.

For my Daughter I was planning on Doing a 3tier stacked cake covered in white fondant with pink snowflakes. Probably sizes 6, 9 and 12 or maybe 6, 8 and 10.

For my dad I am planning on doing a carved cake in the shape of a Van...(I have not yet figured this out so any advice would be appreciated)

My question is how long can I freeze an undecorated cake and it still taste fresh when I'm ready to decorate it? I would like to go ahead and bake now if that is possible....

Also how long does MMF stay fresh and should I refrigerate it or leave it on the counter?

5 replies
bashini Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 6

Hi, you can freeze undecorated cakes upto 3 months. So you can go ahead and bake! icon_biggrin.gif

ddaigle Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 6

I've actually read, if properly sealed, cakes can stay 6+ months. Though mine never make it that long. I have also stored MMF wrapped tighly in saran wrap, then in a ziplock for MONTHS in my pantry. I just nuke in 5 second intervals when ready to use. Bake now!

Tiffany29 Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 6

As long as you are wrapping it well in plastic wrap, You shouldn't have any problems with freezing.
Wrap your mmf really well and leave it out on the counter. It will be fine!

Rachie204 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:42am
post #5 of 6

YAY!!! That will make my life so much easier! LOL thanks everyone for your response.

Tiffany29 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:02am
post #6 of 6

You're welcome! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%