Tiramisu Wedding Cake Help!!

Decorating By Bonw Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 7:58pm by Bonw

Bonw Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! I hope someone can help me as i have never made a Tiramisu wedding cake before. My friends wedding is in 2 weeks and I am wondering if anyone has a great recipe? And I am really not sure how to do this? I want to cover it in fondant too. Normally I would make more of a dense cake and then do a buttercream and cover it with fondant. But with Tiramisu I am a little stuck. She wants a 2 tiered cake. Please help!

2 replies
luvmysmoother Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 6:21am
post #2 of 3

I've done a tiramisu cake using a white cake mix (1/2 is white and 1/2 has 1 tbsp instant coffee mixed with a tbsp of hot water to make it a coffee flavored cake) Then for the filling just put some marscapone/icing sugar (cake will need refrigeration) Possibly use plain or coffee flavored buttercream then fondant on top of that - need to modify the tiramisu a bit to make it into cake formicon_smile.gifHere's a link to my favorite quick and easy tiramisu cake - hope it helps

Bonw Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 3

That was what I was thinking ..modify it into a cake type recipe instead of the traditional Tiramisu. Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%