Best Place To Purchase A Website?

Business By SugarNSpiceDiva Updated 23 Dec 2009 , 10:29am by MissCakeCrazy

SugarNSpiceDiva Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 6:13am
post #1 of 17

Good evening everyone!

I'm in the market for a website. I'm in the process of getting a vendor's license for post so I can sell cakes. I'm not fully ready to start my business yet, but my name is available and I want to get my claws in it before someone else does. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm not code talented. My husband is in school for it, so when he learns it, he will be designing my site. But until then, I need a site with some simple, but professional looking templates for a good price (hey don't we all? lol). Oh, I don't know if they all do it, but I'd like an email at just to look professional.

I've been looking at citymax and godaddy. I used to go through freewebs when I was a wedding planner, but I think they are too plain. Who did/do you go through or who would you suggest?

16 replies
leepat Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 11:27am
post #2 of 17

Take a look at the company I use it was really simple to set up. If I can do it anybody can. they have several templates to choose from and great tech support. It costs me $60.00 a year which I think is really reasonable.

diane706 Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 17

I use Yahoo SiteBuilder. It's around $13 a month. I like being able to call Yahoo customer support whenever I have questions. They are very helpful!

leah_s Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 12:46am
post #4 of 17

I've built sites for two of our businesses on GoDaddy. Basic, but works great, reasonably simple to use and pretty much never goes down. ::knocks on wood::

JenniferMI Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 17

I'm thru GoDaddy.

Jen icon_smile.gif

morgnscakes Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:05am
post #6 of 17

I use yahoo. They have great support and easy to use sitebuilder. I have had so many compliments from other established businesses in the area about how professional my site looks. If you pay month to month, it runs you about $13, but if you pay for the whole year, it breaks down to about $10 per month. It comes with your own domain name also.

letem_eat_cakes Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:51am
post #7 of 17

i use vista print. it is about $22 a month for my service but it is as little as 4.99 a month depending on what you want.

11cupcakes Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:32pm
post #8 of 17

I use

JustToEatCake Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 1:21am
post #9 of 17

dsilvest Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 1:37am
post #10 of 17
Kitagrl Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 1:40am
post #11 of 17

You can check out my website if you like, and on my links page I have the link to my web-builder's website. He's awesome.

SugarNSpiceDiva Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 6:47am
post #12 of 17

Wow, there's a lot of different places people use. Seems like GoDaddy is the majority. Guess I got a lot ahead of me research wise. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Kitagrl- I LOVE your site!! I did look at their site, and while it's a little out of my price range at this second, I already bookmarked it for future reference. They did an awesome job!

I think I'm going to have to do some research before I just go with the first thing I see. I know the term "you get what you pay for." Except for the officelive. dsilvest- I looked at that. It actually looks pretty nice. I think I'll have to research them more! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again everyone! So far, looks like GoDaddy is pretty popular with yahoo. Anyone else?

CakeForte Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 6:56am
post #13 of 17

i designed my own...but I host with Been with them for almost 6 years. I manage everything through gallery, email marketing, all of the techy nerd stuff.

It's all inclusive and cheaper than most listed..and they have a bunch of templates so you could be up and running in an hour. Or you can upload your own, like I did.

eszilla Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 7:40pm
post #14 of 17

Honestly, CityMax is WONDERFUL. It's about $127 every 6 months and they give you EVERYTHING you need to make it successful--no HTML skills required. Take advantage of their no-obligation 7-day free trial. And if you'd like to see what my site looks like, feel free to visit The Clean Bee Soap Co.

thecookieladycc Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:16pm
post #15 of 17

I have used and am currently making one on I have a friend who uses They are a little more, but are freaking AWESOME!!

Rosie2 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:31pm
post #16 of 17

Awesome info, thank you to all!!!

MissCakeCrazy Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 10:29am
post #17 of 17

I have just been reading the threads and am wondering which sites are compatible with Google Adsense. I found out yesterday that my Vistaprint website does not allow Google Adsense ads to be put on the website. Anyone any sugegestions? For those of you who have had Vistaprint, could you please tell me if I can keep my website address if I go onto another host?

Quote by @%username% on %date%