Non-Refrigerated Icing To Go With Wasc Cake

Decorating By Tiara13 Updated 11 Dec 2009 , 5:53am by JanH

Tiara13 Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 5:40am
post #1 of 2

In my "real", non-cake-decorating life I'm a teacher, and my Grade 8 students have been BEGGING me to make them a cake since September. I told them that if they successfully organized a school-wide non-perishable food drive for Christmas Cheer, I would make them a cake. Well, they collected 1648 food items in one week - I'd say they deserve their cake!

They prefer white cake, and I love the WASC recipe I found on CC, but I haven't found a filling I really like and I'm hoping for some suggestions. It has to be left out overnight, so nothing that needs to be refrigerated. I have to avoid chocolate because of allergies. Any suggestions?

Tara icon_smile.gif

1 reply
JanH Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 5:53am
post #2 of 2

My favorite combination is WASC cake with either strawberry or raspberry sleeved pastry filling and CakemanOH's brite white frosting:

However, since I'm out of high-ratio, I also like the Whipped Cream buttercream frosting:
(It's really fluffy and very toothsome.)

FYI, the sleeved pastry fillings don't require refrigeration. You can, however, refrigerate unused pastry filling for
longer storage.

Here's another thread on fillings that don't require refrigeration:
(Same info as above but with online sources for sleeved and bulk pastry fillings.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%