Melting Snowmen Cookies Make Me Sad?

Lounge By tomswife Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 10:30pm by mommy2owen

tomswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomswife Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 5:21am
post #1 of 9

Am I a total sap that I think these melting snowmen cookies are sad? I think I have been decorating cookies for too many days in a row and am exhausted or I need my hormone levels checked...LOL

But really, seeing the final fate of a snowman? Someone pass the Kleenex... icon_cry.gif

8 replies
summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 6:50am
post #2 of 9

Well, crying about it, yes that would be a problem. Thinking they are sad or even ironic, no, not a problem.

BooBooKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooBooKitty Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 7:35am
post #3 of 9

Oh I just think they are to cute to be sad.. icon_smile.gif They remind me of Frosty The Snowman.. Who would come back to life again and again shouting HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. But I promise if the cookies start shouting out Happy Birthday and if there is a swirl of wind that sweeps through the kitchen, causing the cookie crumbs to reform into another cute little melting snowman cookie.. I will be the first to push the plate back!! lol.. and step away from the snowmen.. but until then.. Its full steam ahead!! icon_smile.gif

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 9

I love the melting snowmen....... Xmas in Australia is HOT HOT HOT and so much of all the Xmas decorations, cakes etc include snowflakes, snow, snowmen, roaring fireplaces etc..... none really suited to Summer in Australia..... so I think the melting snowmen are a great fun thing.

I'm planning on doing some for friends kids at Xmas - most have never seen snow!

Would like to see more Summery Xmas themes.... Santa in boardies surfing the waves at Bondi!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 9

Since I'm in East Texas we don't get alot of snow. If we do get enough snow to build a snow man he doesn't last long, so these are realistic to me. icon_wink.gif I found them totally cute and my mom's said I need to make some.

I remember years ago there was a cake. It was either on here or on LadyCakes.com. The cake was in the shape of Texas and it had snowmen on it that were melting. That is what these cookies remind me of.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 9

Oh I think they are super cute!!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 3:14am
post #7 of 9

At least they go out with a smile (sorry, tomswife!)

BooBooKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooBooKitty Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

At least they go out with a smile (sorry, tomswife!)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif True

mommy2owen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2owen Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 10:30pm
post #9 of 9

I agree. My first reaction was that they are kinda sad...but super cute too. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%