Need Suggestions Quick!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 7:29pm by JanH

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 7

Okay... So every year over the holiday's I make a product I call "Holiday Crunch". This is the first year I've has a licensed kitchen so I've actually been advertising and offering samples. The orders are coming which is great. I'm equipped for what I've done so far. HOWEVER!

Just got an order for a large "platter" of the stuff that is to go to an organization and they want it to serve 50-100. I thought of a large oval metal bucket I saw at Lowes but just am not sure... the place sending the gift is actually my mechanic.

(Mod edited for content.)

What would you put it in to have it available in their lunch room for 50-100?.
LL

6 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 7

I know exactly what you are talking about.. wonder if you could spray paint the outside red and then layer the inside with Christmas tissue paper and then put your snack in there... wrap it all up in tulle or the plastic stuff... that would be cute..

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 7

well to serve 50-100 I probably wouldn't put it all in ONE container. Unless the 50-100 will be eating it at different times........otherwise you'll have all 100 people crowded around the bucket like a trough LOL That stuff look delicious!!!!!

What about some lined baskets?
A really big flower pot (lined with plastic or something)

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 7

The only problem with a huge platter or other serving container is that employees will have to que up to serve up their own portion... Serving implements will have to be provided, as well as serving containers and this will be time consuming and messy! (Also, there will be no portion control to insure the maximum 100 servings.)

If you make up 100 individual cello bags (tied with a ribbon and adorned with your logo sticker) and place on an attractive platter or in a decorative tub, the employees can take one or two quickly with no waiting, no serving, no mess or fuss. And most importantly in flu season, with no chance of "dirty" hands coming into contact with the product.

HTH

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 7

if you have the time and can figure it into the budge I think JanH is right......the more I think about it the more I like the idea of the individual treats!

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 7

I have to agree with JanH. Individualize the gift and don't forget your business card on each little package.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 7

Premium Cast Gusset Side "Cello" Polypropylene Bags from $5.62 to $14.75 per hundred:

http://tinyurl.com/yes4wa9

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%