What Would Your Dream Job Be?

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 9:26pm by bigsisof3kids

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 29

While having a conversation with myself and the voices in my head icon_razz.gif I started thinking about what the funniest dream job I'd like to have would be. The first thing that came to mind was to be the driver for the Weinermobile, but then I thought that being a taste-tester for Godiva would be much better.

What weird jobs would you like to have?

28 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 29

Someone in the development of products who finds flaws and makes improvements. You guys see that double point sided iron in the advertisement to the left... that was something I thought about before I gave up ironing. Because I used to go round and around the ironing board to only use the pointed side.

Same thing with the baby safety first door things that keep doors from closing so fingers don't get pinched. my prototype was a tube sock tied onto the inside and outside handles..LOL

Sadly there is a long list.
Maybe I just need enough money to start patenting my ideas.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 29

I'm already living it! Couture cake designer.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 29

I actually had a dream job. I traveled the country, doing public speaking to my customers (LUV public speaking!), presenting a "Cord College" presentation that I wrote on how to sell our power cords, including technical, UL, gauge info, etc. I averaged (AVERAGED!) 3 days a week on a plane. The job also included about 6 trade shows a year, most of them in Vegas and I was in charge of organizing them and setting them up (which means I got an extra day or two in Vegas ahead of the rest of the sales team!). At the same time, I managed our two warehouse operations, one in Nogales AZ, so I got to fly down to Nogales 2-3 times a year and gosh darn gee, since their Main Street is the Mexico/US border, I just HAD to do a little shopping in MExico! icon_rolleyes.gif The hotel we stayed at in Nogales was actually a resort (for those in AZ, it was the Rio Rico Resort), with a great pool!

Ahhhhhhh! Times were tough back then! icon_biggrin.gif

If I could pick a dream job from this day forward, it would be to be a professional public speaker. Give me a stage and a microphone, baby, and I'm in hog heaven!!

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 29

I worry too much about my grandbabies... I want to be full time grandma so my daughter and husband can finish school and work.

I would love, love, love it!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 29

Can I have two??

1. SAHM - I would LOVE to just be able to stay home and cook and clean! (guess I have to find that rich man to marry first, though, huh? icon_wink.gif

2. Owner of a bilingual PR firm that especializes in small business and non-profit marketing.

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 29

I would wish for a culinary degree in pastry arts/food service management and have a small bakery/coffee shop. icon_smile.gif

*OR*

I'd like to own a holiday shop, where it's Christmas all year round! icon_razz.gif

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 29

Retiree.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:34pm
post #9 of 29

Now this is totally sexist so please don't rip me to bad. Hehehehehe. My perfect job would be a PRE-mammogram examiner. icon_biggrin.gif

Actually I'm pretty close to living it now. I turn people into bread snobs.

Mike

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:52pm
post #10 of 29

Getting paid to travel and report/write on where I'm at. (preferably getting sent somewhere warm with palm trees a lot.) I would like to talk about different food and cultures and learn how to cook their foods.

Honestly, my DH and family said if I could be on a permanent vacation I'd be happy. Constantly looking to go somewhere....if only the wallet would allow it icon_lol.gif .

jodibug0975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jodibug0975 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:57pm
post #11 of 29

I am a (volunteer) Nationally Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. I would have a fully funded seat check station where every child would leave in a proper fitting, securely installed car seat.

I also wouldn't mind if my seat check station were in the back of a bakery, where I decorated cakes all day. I just have to have someone else bake the cakes and make the icing. All I want to do is the artwork part.

Really wish I could leave my day job behind and work on my other two "jobs" that I love to do!

costumeczar Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 9:38pm
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Now this is totally sexist so please don't rip me to bad. Hehehehehe. My perfect job would be a PRE-mammogram examiner. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Hey, are you the one with that "official bikini inspector" t-shirt? icon_rolleyes.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 3:55am
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Mike

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif You a@@!

I actually only ever wanted to be two things in life: what I do now or a librarian. So I guess I'm doing pretty good.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:40am
post #14 of 29

I would so love to become a pastry chef and then teach others how to make food from the heart. To teach how to cook with love and also how to make beautiful edible art.

It sounds sappy, but that is my wish.

Michele

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:52am
post #15 of 29

I always wanted to be a stay-home mom. Now that I am, and have been for five years, it's not my dream job anymore...but I haven't really thought about what would be my dream job now icon_biggrin.gif

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 5:25am
post #16 of 29

Wedding cake decorator/designer for Walt Disney World

costumeczar Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 11:36am
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb1974

Wedding cake decorator/designer for Walt Disney World

That would be fun!

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 11:49pm
post #18 of 29

So glad I'm not the only one listening and responding to the voices in my head. I'm a stay at home mom (hubby's not rich - we live very frugally!). I often day dream about either owning my own cake shop OR getting into freelance writing (I've done a lot of creative writing but haven't done much since taking on the kids LOL).

Honestly, any job that is completely my own little world where I have total control over my own creative projects would be great!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 3:33am
post #19 of 29

something where i could watch movies all day. classic movies. horror movies. funny movies. sad movies. just movies.

actually i used to daydream about being a truck driver icon_redface.gif haha. i like driving by myself for long stretches of time listening to music.

or something in advertising. random, but it's interesting.

ooooor... a manager of a big, fancy hotel. the girl in "the red eye" had an awesome job to me. except for that whole pyscho guy thing icon_rolleyes.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:24am
post #20 of 29

I would love to manage/own a small coffee shop/patissarie/cake shoppe in a mid size Vermont town, the kind where cops come in for their morning joe, and kids come in after school for a chocolate chip cookie on the way home. Oh, and I'd employ someone to wash the dishes and mop the floors!!!!!!!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:05am
post #21 of 29

be one of those perfect sahm mums on tv... think bri on desperate housewives minus the neurotic behavior...lol

and run a small little cake decorating business on the side..

hmmm ive already dreamed of being too many things.. lol. atm, im a stay at home single mum/student.. its ohk.. but the living "frugally" part gets to me sometimes.. haha.

seriously, if anyone has some decorating supplies they no longer want.. send them this way... that stuff is so expensive! $5 for ONE tip! geeez. (sorry i am the budget queen...lol) ive recently taken to trying to make my own equipment.. case in point.. a flower nail.. 3 toothpicks jabbed into a platic lid.. hahahahahaha. needless to say; epic fail. lolol.

Butterfly27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly27 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:24am
post #22 of 29

I am doing one of my dream jobs now as a cake designer/decorator but my other 2 dream jobs have always been to be a star on broadway or a song writer. I took music lessons my entire life and so I can sing and I also write my own music at home. I am seriously thinking about burning my music to cd and sending it to music labels. I am a go getter with no fear. The worst they can say is no. We only live once right?

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:37am
post #23 of 29

Butterfly27 have you thought about using myspace to get your music out there???

seriously, contless of todays stars have used myspace as a stepup into the music industry! music labels even look on my space for people to sign! if not, it grows your fan base so when you go to the record people you can be look hey! look how many people already love my music!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:50am
post #24 of 29

Empress of the world.

icon_lol.gif

Working on my dream job now, just not getting paid, yet. Writing and hopefully one day have my own Cafe-Bistro and Patisserie. icon_biggrin.gif Being a travel writer would be nice, too. icon_biggrin.gif

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:34pm
post #25 of 29

I think I'm pretty close to my dream job right now....I teach high school Career and Personal Planning. I also teach the occasional English class.

I wouldn't mind owning a craft store, with a huge "come work on your projects" area. Perhaps it could be attached to a bakery.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:37pm
post #26 of 29

A dancer or choregrapher for cirque du soleil.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 3:16pm
post #27 of 29

A lighthouse keeper with a bakery/coffee shop inside that has a great area outside to sit and view the ocean and listen to the waves. Where would I want this lighthouse to be - probably some place warm but not too warm that my buttercream melts.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 9:19pm
post #28 of 29

Hmmm, I've always wanted to become a sculptor. I was never good at it and would love to learn. Hmm, I think it is about time to look for sculpting forums.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 9:26pm
post #29 of 29

I loved biology when I was in school, since then I've always wished to be a forensic scientist. Weird, but I find it so fascinating.

That or a doctor who works with kids with genetic disorders. We've had issues like that in our family, and they are my heroes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%