Akron Oh Cake Supply Stores

Decorating By DyMakesCake Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 5:19pm by DyMakesCake

DyMakesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DyMakesCake Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 5

Hey guys!

I will be traveling to Akron, OH the week of Christmas to visit the inlaws. I was hoping there were some decent cake supply shops in the area that you guys could recommend. I have seen a few on Google but was looking for personal recomendations.

Thanks!!

4 replies
TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 5

I dont live in Akron, but I used to work there and would go to a store called "Grandmas Cupboard" ( 1297 Krumroy Rd, Akron, OH. Tel: 330-784-1712) (it's been about 2 years since I've been there, so call ahead to make sure their address is still good!). They alwasy had a nice selection of things. There's also a store called "Dian's Cake Supply" (www. dianescandyandcakes .com --take the spaces out) in Barberton (near Akron). They always have a good selection of Satin Ice colored fondant.

HTH

TammyH

cccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cccake Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 2:39am
post #3 of 5

Grandmas cupboard is the better of the two stores in terms of selection. It depends on what you're looking for but I live closer to DIannes but drive to grandmas for most of my supplies. Dianes is good in a pinch since they are usually open later than GRandmas.

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 5

LOVE Grandma's Cupboard!! Wish I lived closer to that store... hubby's probably glad we don't! icon_smile.gif

DyMakesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DyMakesCake Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 5

Well, unfortunately we've had to cancel our trip but thanks for the suggestions. We're hoping to make it up there in the spring so will try that time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%