Anybody Taken A Sewing Class At Joann's?

Lounge By Cakepro Updated 11 Dec 2009 , 8:59am by Cakepro

Cakepro Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 9:17am
post #1 of 6

Something strange has happened to me. I was browsing online for cute aprons and after seeing how much the cutest of the cute cost, the urge to learn how to sew came over me ~ so I can make some super cute aprons, of course. Yikes. LOL

I have a sewing machine. Apparently, it rocks because a friend borrowed it and she said it was marvelous. Now I need to learn how to use it.

Has anyone taken an sewing classes at Joann's? What do you learn in their beginner's class?

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
linedancer Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 6

I took a quilting class at JA a couple of years ago. I have been sewing for years, but I still learned a tip or two that was worth the cost of the class. You take your own machine and some of your own sewing supplies. The class flyer will tell you what you need to bring.

I don't know what they teach in the beginners class, but I say go for it! What ever you learn is something you don't know today.

Sewing is a lot of fun, I have made many things for my family over the years. It has taken a back seat to cookies for now, but it is like riding a bicycle, once you learn, you never forget how. icon_smile.gif

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 6

Don't forget to bring your owner's manual for your machine. The instructors cannot possibly know every machine and may need to refer to it to help you. I didn't bring mine and had trouble figuring out how to do something which was different than other machines.

Have fun!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 6

Oh, I forgot to mention that a few days ago I found a ton of sewing videos online. There are 16 pages of videos.

Loucinda Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 6

I saw those a couple of years ago and made up about a half dozen of my own aprons. I like the cutesy cake material, so I made them out of that. I love them all, and always get somments on them when I wear them. (when I take classes, do tastings, etc.) Have fun and post pics of the ones you make!

Cakepro Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 8:59am
post #6 of 6

Thanks, ladies! Can't wait to watch the videos, Barbaranne!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%