How Do I Store Ri For Later Use?

Decorating By jones5cm Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 1:07pm by jones5cm

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:03am
post #1 of 8

What's the best way to store RI? the only advice I can find is to store it in an air tight container with a damp paper towel over it...but isn't that while in use? How do I store it for later use...like tomorrow or next week?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! BTW, mine's made with meriangue powder, water, and 10X sugar.

7 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:13am
post #2 of 8

Lay a piece of plastic wrap over the top and put a lid on it (air tight container). It can be stored on the counter top.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:25am
post #3 of 8

I put it in a glass bowl that has an airtight lid. I put a piece of damp paper towel over the bowl under the lid. I keep it in the fridge (I know it's not really neccessary, I just think it holds up better in there). Always rewhip before using again!

jones5cm Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:46am
post #4 of 8

Thanks! that exactly what I wanted to know. How long do you usually keep it? will it last a week without freezing it?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:52am
post #5 of 8

I'm not sure. I've always managed to use it up w/in 3 days.

karinaleongto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karinaleongto Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 3:02am
post #6 of 8

i just put it in a tupperware and lid and ive had it there for 2 wks now and its still good.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 3:17am
post #7 of 8

I just had some that I had leftover on my counter for 2 months. I made a decal out of it and it was just fine, however if you are making items like flowers I would say that it should be used sooner. I have saved it for a month with the Press n Seal over the top of the plastic container and then a nice tight lid over all that. I would rewhip as others have stated to use for flowers. thumbs_up.gif
evelyn

jones5cm Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:07pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much for all your helpful comments!! You have also given me the idea to use my left overs for some practice flowers thumbs_up.gif instead of storing it as is. practice makes perfect, right? icon_biggrin.gif Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%