Gifts For Regular Customers

Business By splymale Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 2:21pm by Mike1394

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 22

Do any of you give holiday gifts to your regular clients? If so, what do you give them?

21 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 22

I have way too many "regular clients", but I'm sending all my family/friends (people I normally send Christmas Cards to), these cookie cards instead! I think these would make a nice gift if you only had 20 or less people on your list.
LL

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 22

Those are SOOO pretty KHalstead!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 22

Wow I wish I was on your "cookie card" list. That is really pretty....great job!

I'm trying your altered NFSC recipe today....it sounds yummy!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 22

Those are so pretty Tina!
You know my address...wink wink... icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 22

thanks for the compliments, I've had that idea bumpin around in my head for like a year and finally made one! lol I initially had the idea to make birthday cards but didn't think people would want to pay $5.00/each for them so never bothered, but I'm doing a craft fair (free tables woohoo) on Sunday and figured someone might pay what I'm asking there if they can see it in person. The picture doesn't show how sparkly and really pretty it is in person, not to mention that it's pretty good sized and has some "heft" (weight) to it.......
and they are really tasty...........as long as you like a chewy cookie.

They feel crisp to pick them up, but when you bite them they're soft...kinda weird but totally the texture I like for a cookie. Firm enough for cookie bouquets and handling, yet soft to the bite.

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 22

What a great idea! How big are these? I love it!!!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:53pm
post #8 of 22

Tina - most birthday cards at the drugstore/target are close to $5 and you don't get quite the enjoyment out of them as you would a cookie card. I think it is a great idea!

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:57pm
post #9 of 22

KH those are beautiful and they sound delicious
what recipe do you use??

Your family sure is lucky this year

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:58pm
post #10 of 22

I think you could definetly get $5 for a birthday card, NO PROBLEM!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:24pm
post #11 of 22

Here's a link to KHalstead's altered NFSC recipe.....the way she describes these is exactly what I'm looking for in a cookie, but I didn't care for the original NFSC, to me it's tasteless.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-660400.html

Just scroll down towards the bottom of page 1 to KHalstead's post with the recipe.

KHalstead Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:59pm
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswendel

What a great idea! How big are these? I love it!!!

It's 5"x7" so pretty much the same size as a regular greeting card, maybe bigger than most Christmas cards (I actually used an envelope to one of my own birthday cards to figure out the dimensions it should be)

hTH

Here's the recipe too for anyone not wanting to go to the other thread:

2 sticks butter
1 cup shortening
3 cups of sugar

Mix these well until light and fluffy, then add:

3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract (optional)
pinch of salt

Blend until well incorporated, then add:

1- 4 oz. pkg. instant pudding mix (any flavor)
5-6 c. flour

I add the flour gradually until the dough is not too sticky, and then let it sit for about 10 min. it will firm up and become not quite as sticky after 10 min.

The dough is softer than regular NFSC because of the pudding mix I guess, but it's not sticky. I roll it between 2 sheets of wax paper and use 1/4" dowel rods on either side to get an even thickness.

I bake at 350 for about 7-8 min. for a 3-4" cookie. Take them out as soon as the top isn't shiny anymore and the edges are just barely starting to brown (this will give you a VERY moist and chewy cookie)

You have to leave them on the cookie sheet though, you can't remove them straight out of the oven (if you can, then you overbaked them)..they're way too soft, but give them 10 min. and they firm up nicely and are easy to remove.

HTH

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:17pm
post #13 of 22

WOW! Those are GORGEOUS Tina!!!!

I would think a card would be appreciated, too.

Jen icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:43pm
post #14 of 22

As everyone else has already said, your cookies look awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe and information with us!! You are always so sweet and helpful Tina!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:49pm
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by splymale

Do any of you give holiday gifts to your regular clients? If so, what do you give them?

no.

I've been a 'regular customer' to my insurance agent for over 20 years and the only thing I get is a postcard sometime close to my birthday reminding me to see if my drivers' license expires soon. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I spent thousands of annual dollars in walmart, I'm in there everyday, know all the greeters by first name, and they dont' send me a gift. icon_rolleyes.gif

I actually find it irritating when a business sends me a Christmas card.

Part of the the reason is that I view a Christmas card as a holiday greeting exchange between family and friends. Some business that I bought a TV from is NOT considered my "family" or a "friend".

Part of the reason is that I've been on the other side of "corporate Christmas cards". The boss is *SO* intent on giving them the 'personal' touch that all of us in mgmt have to PERSONALLY sign them (instead of the pre-printed "From your friends at XYZ Company") .... so it's a flustered assembly line to mass-sign a couple of hundred cards. Oh sure! THAT'S "personal"! icon_confused.gif (I put it in the fake-n-phony column and fake-n-phony irritates me!)

I think it's a very nice gesture if you want to give your regulars a gift at the holiday,, though. It's just something that I dont' subscribe to.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 4:27pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

Tina - most birthday cards at the drugstore/target are close to $5 and you don't get quite the enjoyment out of them as you would a cookie card. I think it is a great idea!

I was just thinking- have you priced a Hallmark card lately!!!!! These are wonderful.

KHalstead Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:06pm
post #17 of 22

well that's kinda where the $5.00 price tag came from, if I priced it like my normal cookies at $.50/inch it would only be a $3.00 cookie and granted it only took me like 3 minutes to decorate it's still a big cookie.

I'm doing a craft fair this weekend and I'm planning to put some of these on those little plate easels to try to draw people over to my table lol oh and I'm handing out some free samples (that should get them in right? lol)

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 3:12am
post #18 of 22

Tina, Those are adorable.

BTW: Martha STewart just had a craft sale here in NYC and a lady was selling her cookies for $16 each. I know the market is different where you live, but maybe you can tell them that story if they balk at your $5. They'll know they're getting a bargain. LOL

KHalstead Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 7:38pm
post #19 of 22

lol..I'l do that!!!! Thanks!!!!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 10:30pm
post #20 of 22

We actually do give some of our best customers a box of our gift coins (2) that are good for a cupcake or a coffee or a small gelato.

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:44pm
post #21 of 22

On that note, what about a discount towards next purchase as a gift for the holidays?

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 2:21pm
post #22 of 22

Yes, I give them goodies, they give me cash. It's a pretty nice exchange of presents. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%