Chocolate Dipped Pretzels Are Soggy?

Sugar Work By JaeRodriguez Updated 9 Dec 2009 , 10:05pm by JaeRodriguez

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all! I am making Christmas candies and cookies for friends and family this year and I tried to make chocolate dipped pretzels dipped half white chocolate and half semisweet chocolate, then I let them dry on wax paper on the counter, and put them in a tupperware. I put a piece of bread in it because I have read that it will keep things fresh. WELL! The next day I went to eat one and they were soggy! Does anyone know why this happened? Thanks!

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 5

Where the prezels covered completely in the chocolate?

When putting bread in with something, that something absorbs moisture from the bread. I've put it in brown sugar when it is hard/lumpy or with cookies that were a little too hard and it makes them soft again.

If the prezels weren't completely covered I could see them doing the same thing. If they were completely covered then I'm not sure what happened. You really don't need the bread in it though.

marzipandoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marzipandoll Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 5

I make chocolate covered pretzel for my son, and I use no bread. I gotta add they don't last long so I never thought of keeping them fresh long. icon_smile.gif

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 5

I agree that it was the bread. The pretzels soaked up the moisture. Sad though! Sorry about that. =(

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 5

AH thank you! :] I will try it again without the bread, and mostly they were covered some weren't, but perhaps it was the bread, lesson learned!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%