Silly ? About Liquid Flavored Creamers

Decorating By Sabre3of4 Updated 9 Dec 2009 , 5:48pm by 7yyrt

Sabre3of4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabre3of4 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:13am
post #1 of 7

This is silly but we don't drink coffee around here but maybe 2/3 times a year for my husband and none at all for me icon_redface.gif
I was wanting to try to liquid creamers for binding cake balls and maybe regular cakes but there's no way I'd use a whole bottle at once so I was wondering if they can be frozen in ice cube trays to be used later.

Sabrina

6 replies
FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:38am
post #2 of 7

don't see why not ... you may want to seal them in plastic wrap to keep out that freezer taste

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, you can freeze it. I use this so much in my buttercream that I never have leftover (and I don't drink coffee at all).

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 7

oh that's a good idea for iced coffee!

BooBooKitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BooBooKitty Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 7

Carnation brand also makes single servings, in the liquid. It comes in a box. It can sit in the cabinet until you are ready to use it and then only use what amount you need. I always keep it on hand.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 7

I use the powdered creamers for flavoring and then just use milk as the binder liquid, that way I don't have to worry about it going bad.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:48pm
post #7 of 7

I just freeze it right in the container. Shake it up after it thaws and use as usual.
If you wouldn't use it all, the ice cube trays then zip bags sound like a good idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%