Christmas Dinner

Lounge By LaBellaFlor Updated 9 Dec 2009 , 9:16pm by LaBellaFlor

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 4:49am
post #1 of 15

So has anyone started their Christmas Dinner menu yet? Since I got on the Chrsitmas basket thread, it made me a little better at been organized. I'm just about done with my menu. We will be having:

appetizers: oyster tarts
bacon wrapped shrimp
need one more

Dinner: Horseradish & Herb crusted Beef Rib Roast
Honey Roasted Duck
Maple Ginger Roast Pork
glazed baby carrots
braised kale
roasted fingerling potatoes
5-spiced glazed sweet potatoes with pecan toffee topping
oyster stuffing
dinner rolls

Dessert:
Double Chocolate Tangerine mousse cake
Per'e Roux's cake
Caramelized Apple-Pecan pie
need another chocolate dessert
maybe one more dessert

Open to all suggestions. icon_biggrin.gif
And early Merry Christmas!

14 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 15

I haven't completely planned my menu yet. I just turned pescatarian once again (I was a vegetarian for about 4 years a while back) so it was a challenge since we also have meat lovers at home.

Here are a few things we will be having.

Appetizers:
-Oven roasted scallops
-Ham with dinner rolls and Queso de bola (Edam cheese). Traditional food for Noche Buena in our culture.
-Neopolitan calamari and shrimp salad

Main Course:
-Seafood Paella
-Lemon butter salmon
-Pasta alla Louise (original pasta from our old restaurant)

Desserts:
-Egg custard tarts
-Food for the gods
-Ambrosia salad
-Signature 5 berry chesecake
-Leche flan

----------------------------------

Still thinking of more, I sure would love to hear other foods that I might want to add in.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 15

Whoa, you guys are awesome! That's quite a menu!

LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 15

What is food for the gods & neopolitan calamari & shrimp salad?

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 15

Holey Moley sound yummy.

Mike

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 15

Wow, sounds like y'all go all out for Christmas.

We're going to have either brisket, potato salad and beans or carne guisada, enchiladas, rice and beans...I make my own tortillas so everyone gets all excited about them but I told them I'd only do it at Christmas from now on.

Rylan Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Food for the gods is a popular delicacy in the Philippines. They are bars with dates and walnuts, brushed with Brandy regularly. I usually age them for weeks.

Neapolitan calamari and shrimp salad in the other hand is a pasta salad from Giada--with the elimination of the chicken broth.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Food for the gods is a popular delicacy in the Philippines. They are bars with dates and walnuts, brushed with Brandy regularly. I usually age them for weeks.

Neapolitan calamari and shrimp salad in the other hand is a pasta salad from Giada--with the elimination of the chicken broth.

With the Ambrosia added to that I was wondering if your feeding MT Olympus icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:29pm
post #9 of 15

Wow Rylan... I know you don't know me, but I could become a long lost relative. WOW! a nice menu.

We are going simple this Christmas

Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn caserole, and dinner rolls.

This grandmother is really looking forward to watching the grandbabies and their new toys this Christmas.

Rylan Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:45pm
post #10 of 15

Judi, oh my gosh, your menu makes me want to eat meat. I've never had homemade tortillas before. Sounds awesome!

Mike, hehehe. It's funny because those are popular in the Philippines--I know it's confusing.

Shelley, thanks. You probably are a long lost relative. Your menu sounds great! Very homey and sounds delish. Had a similar menu from last Christmas. Hope your grandchildren enjoy opening their presents.

LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:56pm
post #11 of 15

I LOVE your menu Texas_Rose. And i don't even know how to make homemade tortiallas. Send some this way,please! What's for dessert? icon_biggrin.gif

Mike I know you got some dessert ideas! Don't hold out!

ShellyMJ, totally understand. I went real simple for Thanksgiving this year. I decided I was going all out for Christmas though. I split the holidays with my older four kids with my ex. This year they are with me. I told my sister-in-law (holidays are always split between us, never MIL), I wasn't going anywhere (we usually end up over there on Christmas), but she was more then welcome to come over here. So everyone is coming over here & I wanted a less typical Southern Christmas dinner that we have EVERY year!

Texas_Rose Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:00pm
post #12 of 15

If you can roll fondant, you can roll tortillas...buy a cast iron comal from Walmart and a bag of tortilla mix, and that's all there is to it.

LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:04pm
post #13 of 15

I'm in Virginia. They don't sell comals at the Wal-Mart here. icon_cry.gif

And, no. I can roll fondant, CAN NOT roll an even tortilla to save my life. It must be a mind thing. icon_rolleyes.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:12pm
post #14 of 15

They probably just call it a round griddle in Virginia icon_biggrin.gif

Tortillas don't have to be a perfect round...if it came out looking just like a machine made it, there wouldn't be any point in making them yourself. As long as it's a shape that can be folded up and contain something, it's good enough. It's like anything else, the more you practice, the easier it gets...but no matter what you do, it takes a minute and a half for each tortilla at the least, so that's why I'll only do it for holidays now.

LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:16pm
post #15 of 15

dunce.gif Now why the heck didn't I think of that!? dunce.gif

Then again , I am Mexican, so my mind is only gonna process comal for tortillas and iron griddle for something else! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%