Can I

Decorating By FleurDeCake Updated 9 Dec 2009 , 8:31pm by Rosa2745

FleurDeCake Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 4:22am
post #1 of 5

I have been thinking about making some cake balls for Christmas to share as just a "thought " gift for a few of my friends at work. I love the christmas ornament cakes I see on CC so I was wondering if I could make a larger sized cake ball , cover them in fondant and then decorate and present them in a clear cupcake box. Seems to me it would work but I am not sure one big cake ball ..lets say a 2 1/2 size ball would hold up. Any help would be appreciated ... let me know what you guys think..TIA

4 replies
alene Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 4:44am
post #2 of 5

I've never made an Christmas ornament cake but I think it would be a wonderful idea. I always have so much cake scapes left, that would be a great way to get rid of it and make someone's day too.

Rosa2745 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 4:44am
post #3 of 5

Yup, you can also use the mini ball pan if you don't want to make them too big. Here are some I was planning on making.

This one uses half of the ball.

This one uses the entire ball.

FleurDeCake Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 4:52am
post #4 of 5

so should i just press the crumbled cake scraps into the ball pan

Rosa2745 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 5

Oh, not too sure that you can just press the cake in there. I was thinking just making small cakes myself. There is another thread on here about cake balls. Lots of info on that one! But they usually recommend making cake balls on a smaller scale. Lots of luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%