Does Toba's Glace Require Refrigeration?

Baking By PinkLisa Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 4:36pm by DsLady614

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of 11

Since Toba's glace has milk in it, does it need to be refrigerated?

10 replies
fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:42am
post #2 of 11

No it does not have to be refrigerated.

PinkLisa Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks! Didn't think so but the milk in things always makes me nervous.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 11

When i make it, i refrigerate it because i find it can last longer and taste great.

PinkLisa Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 11

I'm refrigerating the bowls I have not used yet, but do you refrigerate the cookies with it on?

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 11

If the cookies are to be stored for long term, i'll freeze them.

When the cookies are drying, i leave them at room temp because if you refrigerate them, they will crack and get splotchy.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:19am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLisa

I'm refrigerating the bowls I have not used yet, but do you refrigerate the cookies with it on?

This icing doesn't like to get cold! As luv2bake6 said, they can get splotchy when cold. Adding brite white food color to the icing helps, though. And letting them completely dry helps, too. I've had good luck when refrigerating them after about 36 hours of dry time. They even handled being in the freezer!

PinkLisa Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:32am
post #8 of 11

Thank you both for your words of advice. This is the first time I'm using Toba's glace and I read the tips from CC but nothing is like actually doing something to learn. I have my bowls of icing in the refrigerator (I have three little kids so I'm constantly being interrupted so it takes a long time to decorate the cookies). As I'm decorating the cookies, I'm leaving them sit out. I just finished the detail work today so plan to let them sit out until tomorrow and then freeze them. Is that right?

On a few cookies I've noticed spotches but I didn't use Bright White food color since I didn't have any. You can see them in my photos (they are the only ones since all my other photos disappeared today).

Should I leave out the glace before it gets on the cookie? That's the only time I refrigerated it.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:39pm
post #9 of 11

I would recommend letting them sit a couple days if you're going to try to freeze them. Without the brite white, you'll be taking a chance on the icing getting cloudy and spotty.

cakegirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirlcakes Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 11

this icing just LOOKS like it would taste better than RI. i want to try it! does anybody know if it hardens enough so you can package individually and ship? can they be stacked on one another? they look delish!!!!

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:36pm
post #11 of 11

cakegirl... they are GREAT for shipping. I do it all the time and they arrive in perfect shape every time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%