Christmas Theme Flavor??

Baking By DyMakesCake Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 2:23am by prterrell

DyMakesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DyMakesCake Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 1:54am
post #1 of 12

Hey guys!! I am in charge of the monthly birthday cake/cupcakes for my work. They buy my supplies and I just do the labor. Every month I try to do a flavor that kinda goes with the month. For November I did pumpkin WASC cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

I now have to do December and I'm stumped. When I think of December I think of peppermint, cinnamon, wintergreen...I just don't know how to translate these into a cake mix. I have the Lorann oils I can use. Should I just do white WASC and maybe add some oil, maybe add red coloring if I do cinnamon, green for wintergreen? Just worried about what this would taste like.

I have to do 120 cupcakes so WASC always works well for me because of it's simplicity in mixing and I can get quite a few cupcakes out of one box of mix.

11 replies
ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:06am
post #2 of 12

How about Eggnog? I just saw in Charm City Cakes they have this flavor for the holidays.
Sounds yummy.

DyMakesCake Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:12am
post #3 of 12

Eggnog? Hmm.....that's an idea I hadn't thought of at all. I'll google it and see what I can come up with.

I also just found 4 bags of Andes Peppermint Chips in my pantry so I figure if it comes down to it I can do chocolate with buttercream and just sprinkle these on top.

dsilbern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilbern Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:13am
post #4 of 12

I have a batch of French buttercream in my freezer and I'm thinking of adding nutmeg and rum flavoring to it so it tastes egg noggy and using it as filling in spice cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting. icon_rolleyes.gif mmmmm buttercream x 2.....

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:20am
post #5 of 12

If I make an eggnog cake I just add eggnog instead of the ilk and a little more nutmeg. I also like a peppermint candy cane recepie where you add mint flavoring, crushed candy cane, and you dye the batter a light red color. It goes really good with a cream cheese icing.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:23am
post #6 of 12

Last year I made chocolate peppermint & they were a huge success. I'm on my phone or I would look at my pics. But I think some were chocolate peppermint cake (just added peppermint extract to the batter) peppermint flavored buttercream (lightly flavored) with crushed peppermint sprinkled on top. The only thing I said I would do differently would be leave out crushed peppermint in the batter

DyMakesCake Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:30am
post #7 of 12

you guys are awesome! thanks for responding so quickly. I have to do these between the time I get home from work on Thursday at 4:00 and the time I need to go to bed that night 11:00 so the easier the better.

I think I will do the chocolate with peppermint, I have the peppermint chips I can sprinkle on top. I will also do white that I will tint a slight red and also add peppermint to those, I might just do peppermint buttercream with Christmas sprinkles for those.

Thanks for the quick help.

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:35pm
post #8 of 12

I just made chocolate cake w/ mint bc filling and covered the whole cakein ganache.yumicon_smile.gif I have 8 to make for teacher gifts

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:53pm
post #9 of 12

I too made a chocolate cake with mint filling and iced using regular BC icing. Not everybody wants to be slapped in the face with peppermint! I love it but I always ask my husband to taste the filling to be sure it's not too overpowering...

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 11:11pm
post #10 of 12

i mint chocolate is the way to go!

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 11:53pm
post #11 of 12

lol! i just realized this is cupcakes in here. I have 8 cakes to make. I wish it was just 8 cuppies! lol

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:23am
post #12 of 12

Chocolate gingerbread cupcakes with brown sugar IMBC.
White spice cupcakes with cranberry-pomegranate IMBC.
Chocolate cupcakes with peppermint IMBC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%