Free Ck Pearl Mold 12Mm-Merry Christmas!

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 11:40pm by JenniferMI

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 10

This one:
http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=16598&name=Pearl%20Bead%2012MM%20Mold%20by%20CK

Used twice, it hurts my hand, in the mail it goes to the first person who PM's me. I may or may not have the little instruction sheet, but it's easy enough to get instructions from threads in here. I either couldn't follow the directions, or the mold is bunk. I am pretty sure it's operator error. Anywho.....Merry Christmas! icon_smile.gif

BTW, I ordered the larger flat sided pearl mold from First Impressions, LOVE IT! Plus, it makes three sizes of pearls AND it's a lot longer than the CK version.

9 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 10

Sold! icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 10

I have the full set of pearl molds from CK - hate them!

The First Impression ones are divine & so much better & quicker!

__Jamie__ Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

I have the full set of pearl molds from CK - hate them!

The First Impression ones are divine & so much better & quicker!

I might be the biggest idiot in the world with those CK full pearl molds, and maybe it's because it's the biggest one, but holy crap man, I tried and tried, used GP, used fondant, used 50/50, let it dry a bit first, yada yada yada. I think I sprained my hand trying to hold it open. Seriously, it hurts.

And yeah, I am in love with the First Impression set. I don't care that it's flat backed, I thought I would, but it's ok with me. So easy to use.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 10

The molds soften with each use. I have a 4mm and want to get some bigger ones. It took me about 5 tries before I did it decently.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 10

Being a teacher of the sugar arts....I find my students just don't know how to use the pearl molds by CK. Once they see it demonstated, you can see the light bulb go on, on their face!

I only use pearl clay in mine...makes gorgeous pearls.

Jen icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Being a teacher of the sugar arts....I find my students just don't know how to use the pearl molds by CK. Once they see it demonstated, you can see the light bulb go on, on their face!

I only use pearl clay in mine...makes gorgeous pearls.

Jen icon_smile.gif

I read your posts about this several times, and it just wasn't working out for me. I wonder if it is because the 12mm was just so big, and had so much more silicone to pry open? I'm not kidding, it just didn't seem normal. Way too much effort to pry open, and when it was time to pop the beads out, not enough of it would remain open for them all to fall out. It would pinch closed again and squish the ones that were popping out. icon_sad.gif And no way was I gonna keep working on it in the hopes that it would "soften up" Now I have been "lazified" by my new flat back ones. I'm cool with that. But does what I wrote make sense? And the mold was with the white silicone, does that matter?

PLUS.....the string that connects them all together....thick thick thick! No mater what I did. Slicing the excess off the top after closing didn't help...it was just a mess. And ugly!

JenniferMI Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:09pm
post #8 of 10

I actually find the larger pearl molds easier to work with. You know, you could have had a faulty one. Whoever you sent it to, ask them what they think. I've had to send a couple back in all that I've seen thru the years.
The pearls do come out with a string like attachment on the back. I just trim it down, even though you really don't have to, and you don't see it at all.

Hmmmm...... I wish I could have seen you doing them....

Jen icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

I actually find the larger pearl molds easier to work with. You know, you could have had a faulty one. Whoever you sent it to, ask them what they think. I've had to send a couple back in all that I've seen thru the years.
The pearls do come out with a string like attachment on the back. I just trim it down, even though you really don't have to, and you don't see it at all.

Hmmmm...... I wish I could have seen you doing them....

Jen icon_smile.gif

I'm thinking it may have been faulty too. But, maybe it's new owner can figure something out. icon_smile.gif Thanks for the help!

JenniferMI Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:40pm
post #10 of 10

Anytime Jamie!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%