Freezing Cookies Without Air Tight Container

Baking By motherofgrace Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 1:41pm by pattycakesnj

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 12:04am
post #1 of 9

I have wax paper, and large double seal freezer bags, but no air tight containers. How would I freeze them, They are already baked, and I dont want to decorate them yet (they are practice cookies that i can just grab when I want)

8 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 12:12am
post #2 of 9

I start with wax paper, then tin foil to really seal them and then into zip lock bags and have never had a problem.

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 12:17am
post #3 of 9

You can make your baggies pretty much air tight but squeezing the air out but closing the bag and leaving just a little opening and then squeezing out the excess air and then closing the baggie up. I've seen people actually suck the air out of the small gap you leave in the opening but I just haven't had the nerve to try that! It just seems so unsanitary to me!

pattycakesnj Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 12:20am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettinashoe

You can make your baggies pretty much air tight but squeezing the air out but closing the bag and leaving just a little opening and then squeezing out the excess air and then closing the baggie up. I've seen people actually suck the air out of the small gap you leave in the opening but I just haven't had the nerve to try that! It just seems so unsanitary to me!

use a straw to suck the last bit of air out.

motherofgrace Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 12:31am
post #5 of 9

pattycakesnj- cna you explai nthat more, ive never frozen cookies before.... do I wrap each induvidually? like im a diagram person lol

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:09am
post #6 of 9

I just slap 'em in a ziplok and throw 'em in the freezer. I don't double wrap or anything. Ziploks are the greatest invention since double cheese on pizza!

motherofgrace Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:32am
post #7 of 9

thanks!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:19pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I just slap 'em in a ziplok and throw 'em in the freezer. I don't double wrap or anything. Ziploks are the greatest invention since double cheese on pizza!

Yummm....pizza!

I do the straw thing, too. I only use containers if I'm afraid my husband or kids will be rummaging thru the freezer. (Not that I don't trust them...okay...I just don't trust them!)

pattycakesnj Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:41pm
post #9 of 9

I wrap a stack of cookies together, no need to wrap individually

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%